just got dive-bombed by a bat?!

jblosser

...I think so.

I have a balcony off my bedroom, and have seen them out a lot lately. They usually only get within 10 feet or so, but was just out having a smoke and THUMP!, something substantial bounced off my nugget.

No, the smoke was a Marlboro, and No, I haven't had a drink in 8 years, 3 months, 28 days.

I s'pose it coulda been a one pound June bug, but it's almost September....

Anyone ever meet a bat up close and personal?

Didn't get bitten, at least there's no blood. Just a weird feeling, getting smacked on the head like that.

My buddy used to toss his keys up in the air and we'd watch bats dive after 'em. Its good target practice for them :D Had a bat get in the house when I was a kid. My Mom threw a damn tantrum over it while my Dad caught it and chucked it out the door.

We get bats in our warhouse all the time i usually wait for them to land and go pick them up with some light gloves and toss them back outside. Most likely if you had a light around you they were after the bugs around the light and just ran into you by mistake, they dont go after people. Bats are our freind they keep the quitos at bay, we used to have bat houses in our yard till the wind took them out, need to get some more.

My buddy used to toss his keys up in the air and we'd watch bats dive after 'em. Its good target practice for them :D Had a bat get in the house when I was a kid.

The way you worded that, it sounds like the bat used the keys to get in.. :D

The way you worded that, it sounds like the bat used the keys to get in.. :D

Haha, well the bat in the house scenario was back in the late 70's and my buddy was chuckin' keys in the air last year :D But I can understand the confusion!