Recommend me a sport touring bike

ducatihottie999

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am into more sport and upright riding possition than anything. Something i can ride for 300 miles and not have numb hands. needs to handle well and not be a boat. I will looks at the vfr's anything else?

If your not looking for hard bags, I would look at some sport nakeds:

Speed/Street Triple

FZ1

Z1000

even a SV650 w/suspension mods makes a capable corner carver.

I have been looking at the FZ1's they are sweet but not very pretty.... better than the Vstroms though! UGGG i couldnt bring myself to own one. I have tons of friends that love em. I guess i am shallow. Probs comes down to VFR and FZ1. at this point unless anyone has a brilliant idea.

a VFR will feel like a recliner coming from the Ducati but its more sport than sport touring if you ask me

Anything that has factory-made hard bags is pretty tour-y in my mind.

The newer the VFR, the more they've started to trend toward the touring spectrum (IMHO).

still great bikes, but they have gotten away from being quite as "hardcore," not that that's a bad thing.

Yessir!! Love my multi!

I believe I've heard Sean "Mongo" Clark (Clarke? 2nd in command at WERA global headquarters) say the same about his multi.

regardless of how you feel about Mongo, he's ridden and owned a lot of bikes over the years.

Kathy,

Are you more into the sport or the touring?

I like the Ninja 1000 or a Triumph Sprint.

edit: saw this one a few days ago

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,73680.0.html

This, not that I'm biased or anything. Bullet proof motor, comfy ergo's and blast to ride. Only potential issue is if you are short in the leg area, they have a high seat.