Wake up to this.

RFM

Coming home from work downtown, and I had a woman decide to turn left- not from the left lane, which was the one I was in. She takes a sudden turn, and I find myself flying over the hood of a Jeep Liberty.

I hit her front wheel panel, and decided I liked the feeling of weightlessness. I must say that everyone rose to the occasion. A nurse was a witness, and held my head to keep me from moving. Two Bicyclist Police Officers witnessed it too. For some reason they didn't want me to phone my daughter to say that I was going to be late, but that I was OK.

I took this picture instead then.

picture.php?albumid=728&pictureid=16517

The woman was cited, and my bike is totaled. Looks like it's new Aprilia time. All gear was worn, and worked perfectly. Gloves, helmet, jacket, boots... I'm still sore though, because 35mph to an airborn dismount still hurts.

Anybody knows of a Bol d"Or in the area?:p

Damn bud, glad to hear you're ok all things considered! Sucks about you're bike though. What did the cager say after the accident? Good luck in your search for a new ride.

Edited by cmh_sprint

Airborne is good, with no sudden stops. I'll take that any day. Been there, done that...

It's part of that smooth thing, let the bike go, when it's time to separate.

Glad you had witnesses, that's rather important anymore with a world full of liars.

edit: Sudden or stupid lane changes in or near intersections are a major cause of accidents.

Really wish people wouldn't do that. Just thought I'd throw that in...

Already said it on FB, but I'll reiterate...Glad you survived. And I say again, buy it back, set it for track and get you a Tuono for the street....or a falco...or an ST4....it's a great feeling burning through some twistys on the way to the grocery store ;-p

That sucks man. Glad you're alright. Hope the bike is salvageable.

edit: Sudden or stupid lane changes in or near intersections are a major cause of accidents.

Really wish people wouldn't do that. Just thought I'd throw that in...

This is why I always give people weird looks when they think I'm crazy feeling safer on the highway than through town.

Glad you're ok after this because getting hit like that sucks the big one. How much good did the gear do for you?

As said earlier, hopefully you can get replacement of your gear as well, since it's obviously essential, and not cheap!

I took a direct splat to the left elbow, right knee, both gloves, and to the helmet. The gloves did a good job at keeping my hands safe. I sprained my knee, which nothing really could have helped. And the jacket... I got a deep contusion on my left elbow. The CE armor saved me a certain bad break there. 35 to pavement elbow bash doesn't sound good at all. I'd hate to think of how it would have turned without my gear.

Her insurance will be covering all my gear too.

I took a direct splat to the left elbow, right knee, both gloves, and to the helmet. The gloves did a good job at keeping my hands safe. I sprained my knee, which nothing really could have helped. And the jacket... I got a deep contusion on my left elbow. The CE armor saved me a certain bad break there. 35 to pavement elbow bash doesn't sound good at all. I'd hate to think of how it would have turned without my gear.

Her insurance will be covering all my gear too.

Fuck. I sincerely hope you're getting some settlements out of this as well. What 'Murican bike did you end up getting that you so coyly posted on FB? :)