Spray in Bed Liner

Meanie

Forgrave AutoBody in Newark does Rhino. The owner Bruce is a friend of mine and will hook you up with a sweet deal if I set it up. I prefer Rhino over Line X for many reasons, the main one is Line X gets hard and brittle, Rhino does not. Rhino lasts longer period, I dont think anyone has ever disputed that. His Rhino has a lifetime warranty as well and he's done work for several on here, Rhino, Paint and Trailer work.

Forgrave AutoBody in Newark does Rhino. The owner Bruce is a friend of mine and will hook you up with a sweet deal if I set it up. I prefer Rhino over Line X for many reasons, the main one is Line X gets hard and brittle, Rhino does not. Rhino lasts longer period, I dont think anyone has ever disputed that. His Rhino has a lifetime warranty as well and he's done work for several on here, Rhino, Paint and Trailer work.

line x is 100% better than rhino. the rhino in one of our work trucks comes off easy and is chipping. the line x is holding up so much better.

• Upvote 1

I've never seen rhino hold up well. We took a brand new f350 and rhinoed it and it ruined the bed. Peeling, fading , chipping. We got the the truck back after the rhino had cured for a week and the first time the truck was on a job site , the liner started to peel. The place that did the work offers free touch ups and they use use a rubberized undercoating aerosol can. That proceeded to come off very quickly also. I'll never use rhino.

On a secondary note, I used a product called al's liner on my colorado. It's a do it yourself spray kit. It's wonderful.

I've never seen rhino hold up well. We took a brand new f350 and rhinoed it and it ruined the bed. Peeling, fading , chipping. We got the the truck back after the rhino had cured for a week and the first time the truck was on a job site , the liner started to peel. The place that did the work offers free touch ups and they use use a rubberized undercoating aerosol can. That proceeded to come off very quickly also. I'll never use rhino.

On a secondary note, I used a product called al's liner on my colorado. It's a do it yourself spray kit. It's wonderful.

Obviously not professionals when they are using aerosol. He has a separate shop just for Rhino. Beds are stripped, prepped and Rhino spayed in HOT. Those are all steps specd by Rhino that shops doing it as a side business do not do. No warranty claims in 10 years seems pretty durable to me. Don't judge a product based on half asses installation

I'm pretty sure Kevin will spray anything you want. If he can buy it, he'll spray it.

Thats the problem, he cant buy Linex. They are very tight with their product and wont sell it to anyone who isnt a dealer. There is usually only one dealer allowed in an area. The only ones i know of around here is one in columbus on huntley rd and the one in lancaster who did mine and did a great job. There was one on brice rd, but they are gone. Kevin should look into scoring that franchise. He has the perfect shop for it.

Linex has a nation wide lifetime warranty.

I had Rhino in the truck from 2003 until 2010 and it physically held up fine. Faded a bit, but who gives a phuck, it's a truck...

When the bed was replaced due to getting rear-ended I specified Rhino, received LineX instead, and didn't feel like arguing.

In the 20~ish months of having LineX it appears as though it's going to hold up fine, too.

Both finishes were exposed to tractor ramps being tossed in, gas spillage, general 'not caring what happens', both held up just fine.

LineX is more slippery feeling than Rhino; stuff slides around a bit more which I don't like. The Rhino was just slippery enough that you could move things around without super-exerting yourself, but tacky enough that stuff stayed put.

If I had it to do again, I'd choose Rhino. I'd probably be ignored again, but that's what I would choose.

Obviously not professionals when they are using aerosol. He has a separate shop just for Rhino. Beds are stripped, prepped and Rhino spayed in HOT. Those are all steps specd by Rhino that shops doing it as a side business do not do. No warranty claims in 10 years seems pretty durable to me. Don't judge a product based on half asses installation

They are a dealer, they should be installing to manufacturers specs.

The Line-x place in Newark does all the trucks that get lined here at the dealership. I've seen some in that are a few years old, look like they've been used, and still holding up.

It sounds like the durability is more in the preparation and application than anything. Sounds like both Line-x and Rhino hold up well when do properly, the difference is a slight bit of difference in the feel of it, as jblosser mentions.

A former shop i worked in sprayed line-x. The equipment to do spray in liners properly is upwards of 20k. The stuff Clifford uses will hold up decentley but will never compare to that of a line-x. Rino liners are junk imo. My F350 came with one in it and im dissapointed with the way its held up.

Xtreme liners is the only liner ive seen come close to the durability and appearence of a line x http://www.xtremeliners.com/find_a_dealer.html?zip=43230&x=17&y=11

the debate over what liner is better is fine and well and I agree correct application makes a world of difference

but the fact that I personally rolled on Herculiner on 6 trucks for our company and its held up great 6 years later makes me a believer. They are construction trucks that get the living shit beat out of them. Its not the prettiest because I did it however its held up like a champ which is all I care, I was tired of having to cut out our old beds and have to repair all the holes and rust

Since then, we do this to every single truck we buy and have one of the guys with more patience and skill mix it and roll it on and no complaints here. For me durable far outweighs looks which can be attested by those who have seen my personal truck, looks shitty cause I did it myself in too much of a hurry but I beat the crap out of it