Motoseries Round 8 at PIRC 9/22-23

TRMN8TR

Also, I pretty much know what lap times I run there. If you wanna borrow my lap timer for a few sessions later in the day let me know. It's always fun to see yourself getting faster. Lap timers are a must if you really want to see if what you're doing is making improvements or not.

I'm actually considering trying to run A this time out. I think I'll sign up for I and let Todd know I want to give A a shot.

This is all contingent upon not doing race school...but I'll probably do school.

:D

If you're not doing race school just sign up for A and get it over with. I know I was nervous as heck the first time I did. But after a few sessions I got used to the fast guys blitzing by, and eventually I even passed a few guys myself.

Also, I pretty much know what lap times I run there. If you wanna borrow my lap timer for a few sessions later in the day let me know. It's always fun to see yourself getting faster. Lap timers are a must if you really want to see if what you're doing is making improvements or not.

Lap timer is a definite purchase this winter....I'm trying to lie to myself; spreading out purchases, so i can think this is cheaper than it really is.

Maybe I should just say f it and get a timer, was thinking abt getting an app for my phone "trackmaster", but I'm doubting how accurate it is.

I've heard trackmaster is fairly accurate. Probably would get you within +/- a few tenths. Even my xt timer isn't dead on. I've found it reads about .2 seconds a lap faster than what the transponder says during a race.

If you're not doing race school just sign up for A and get it over with. I know I was nervous as heck the first time I did. But after a few sessions I got used to the fast guys blitzing by, and eventually I even passed a few guys myself.
Oh, and there will be some SV guys out there running similar lap times to you. Resist the urge to blitz them on the straights and try to follow them for a few turns. You'll learn a lot about carrying corner speed.

Good info here, Brandon! Kev and I have bantered about doing the school for a couple reasons, but have also discussed the reservations of doing so right now as well. I'd be a little more comfortable taking school if my times at beaver were in the 11s or 12s, and Nelson in the low 20s. But I am confident in my lines, and am used to being passed (mainly by you fuckers!) So I am thinking about just signing up for I and maybe asking Todd the morning of if for some reason I have an ephipany sometime between now and the 22nd.

Here is your ephipany, grow a set and do the school. :D
Ha! It's tempting, especially with the discounts Todd has going for the event. But I wouldn't be racing until next season. If Todd is cool with that, it is one more reason to consider doing it this year. I like the momentum that I have gained over the last few sessions, and am confident that I can do the school, but don't want to find myself overconfident, and have Andrew constantly looking behind me for his student. :D

Ha! It's tempting, especially with the discounts Todd has going for the event. But I wouldn't be racing until next season. If Todd is cool with that, it is one more reason to consider doing it this year. I like the momentum that I have gained over the last few sessions, and am confident that I can do the school, but don't want to find myself overconfident, and have Andrew constantly looking behind me for his student. :D

I'm sure he's had plenty of that with his female race school students.

BOOM! :D

Oh, and there will be some SV guys out there running similar lap times to you. Resist the urge to blitz them on the straights and try to follow them for a few turns. You'll learn a lot about carrying corner speed.

I am not one of them, just pass me, nothing (positive) to see here....