Motorcycles in movies and commercials

Helmutt

:rant:

I got to say that a huge peeve of mine is when a movie or commercial is made with motorcycles being a major focus of the broadcast, and the audio idiots cant even buy a clue as to what the bike would/should sound like. Sometimes they do right by us and understand what sounds like what, but its less often than not.

Like how T Mobile uses a Duc 848 in its newer series of commercials, awesome.....cool idea and it captivates us riders. BUT......they've only recently got brains enough to apply the tone of an actual V2, before this it sounded like everything from a smallblock to an inline.

Hate seeing badass rides on TV, only to hear them sound as something they're not.

Invest tens of thousands into a career in audio production, and still fail to research the mechanics of what they're working with? Simpletons....

:nono:

:lol: Ah, you're one of them funny guys huh......Well ya got me......spade's a spade. Yeah, so I got a couple ticks but who doesn't? I just want shit done right when its done at all. Not too much to ask imo;)

Indeed! :lol: I'm just screwing with ya! Yeah I agree...it's a little more than annoying that they pull shit like that.

I think nitpicking about the audio is diving into the details a little too deep. Now if you were complaining about a movie like "Torque", then I'd be behind you 100%.

Dont even get me started about Torque! What a complete flop. Absolutely sad when BikerBoyz is a better movie :nono:

Indeed! :lol: I'm just screwing with ya! Yeah I agree...it's a little more than annoying that they pull shit like that.

No blood, no foul man.....shit like this on tv just grinds my gears sometimes, or maybe I'm starting early this month? Yup.....just spotted, FML :mad:

:lol:

Torque was a steaming Turd. It also bothers me when they edit in inaccurate gunshot noises....like one guy has a glock 9 and the other has a Beretta 9 but one makes a little pop and the other has this bad ass big bang with some metallic sound as well....ugh. Hollywood sucks.

I concur. I say whenever man toys are portrayed on TV, make some fucking effort to include everything we love about them. Make them shiny, loud, and correct!

Surely the hotrod fanatics hate hearing/seeing their fav bigblock muscle cars in a movie only to hear they've been audibly castrated as smallblocks

Agreed on all the above

This is possibly one of my favorite gun scenes in a movie. I feel that they hit the nail on the head with the sound :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80j4_hwU6E

Seems to me they got it right by comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8

• Upvote 1