Riding to Deal's Gap / TN April 25-27

Earache

I'm about 90% sure I'm going and I'm riding down. I've mapped out some good twisty roads to take, and it'll only be about an hour longer trip than normal. Its about the same miles as freeway. I'll probably take some freeway, some twisties. Anyone else from Cbus interested in going? Just a fun casual ride for me. I'm not out to impress anyone.

To each their own but Ive made this trip a few times and your not going to find enough twisty roads to to keep you from riding the center of your tires 98% of the time.

Once your there, you will either love it or hate it if your not comfortable with twisties.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about 90% sure I'm going and I'm riding down. I've mapped out some good twisty roads to take, and it'll only be about an hour longer trip than normal. Its about the same miles as freeway. I'll probably take some freeway, some twisties. Anyone else from Cbus interested in going? Just a fun casual ride for me. I'm not out to impress anyone.

To each their own but Ive made this trip a few times and your not going to find enough twisty roads to to keep you from riding the center of your tires 98% of the time.

Once your there, you will either love it or hate it if your not comfortable with twisties. The scenery is great though.

I'd be interested too..

Flounder stop it with the damn double posting! :nono:

Sounds much better. Yeah, I'd only want the dragon 1x, then explore away from the crowd.

Exactly - get through it and on to bigger and better things. That place is way too crowded with the HD crowd anyway.

Tires were made for wearing out. If ya want to last a really, really long time; leave your bike on stands all year and don't ride at all.

I'm just kiddin'; of course - not blowing anyone shit at all. Buy a new tire a smoke it in April in TN and NC - it'll be fun and worth it!

You want to go Pedro?? You should!

If I went I don't want to ride down.... It was a long ride down in the truck like Flounder said. Plus after ridding all day at the Gap and surrounding roads the last thing I want to do is hoop back on for the ride back home.

I have to check my schedule, I have a few weddings in the next couple months and a vacation coming up.

I want to go to the gap. I dont know if it will be this year or next. It is even a longer ride from cleveland though. I agree about the whole not wanting to ride back after riding down there. I would be whooped out from the ride down before I even got to the twisties. Does anyone live closer to northern ohio that is interested in going?

Hey satan does it have to be on the weekend or can you go during the week of the 25th? I could ride down with you. Hopefully we could get some more riders from our area. Weekends are shit though too many po po's. At least lst year I heard. Let me know cuz.

Hey satan does it have to be on the weekend or can you go during the week of the 25th? I could ride down with you. Hopefully we could get some more riders from our area. Weekends are shit though too many po po's. At least lst year I heard. Let me know cuz.

You'll only see cops on the Dragon itself and not anywhere else. So the cops aren't an issue at all. Don't worry about them at all.

so how many people are going for sure....

i am seriously considering, and need to know if i need to take the weekend off from work.

thanks

There's about 4 going from ChicagoRiders.com, me and a friend from Indy and Satan - so that'd be 7 of us so far.

I think a guy from Chicago has a room with only him in it, so he needs a roomie. So does Satan - I think.

We should pick a place in Lexington, KY to meet up. There's a Gold Star Chili just off of I-75 at Man O' War Blvd. Also has gas and other food at the exit. Just need to set a time window, etc.

alright, I can't help it..... Put me on the list to go I more than likely will be ridding down with you guys, but I am still not sure. I can't see me paying $200 in gas to trailer the bike down, when I can ride down for about 1/4 the cost, but I dont want to crash and be sol.

And Satan do you still need someone to room with you?

Another friend of mine from Indy may go and he's going to use my trailer if he does. It'll have an empty space on it to assist with any "mishaps" should they occur.

I won't 100% know whether or not he's going until a couple of days before we leave.

Speaking of leaving, are all of you planning on heading down sometime on Thursday, April 25th? I'm not sure what time I'll leave Indy yet - depends on when I get back into town from work.

ill head down whenever you guys do, its pretty easy for me to get away from work so if thats the plan it sounds good, i will probably meet you guys in kentucky since i am closer to cincy, and it looks like satan will be crossing my path so i may meet up with him and ride down.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to meet up with us, here's where we'll be...

MEETING POINT:

Lexington, KY

I-75 at Exit #108 Man o' War Blvd

East on Man o' War to first light, left at Shell Station / Wendy's

Time: Thursday, April 24th 1:00 PM

If you want my cell number, PM me.

Hope to see you there.

Eric

I'm still up in the air about it right now. I'm 75% sure I'm going to be able to go.

Cool beans. Might wanna make a hotel reservation (you can always cancel it) at the Country Inn & Suites to make sure you have a place to stay. I'll have some floor space for you - if that's okay with you.

Eric

Cool beans. Might wanna make a hotel reservation (you can always cancel it) at the Country Inn & Suites to make sure you have a place to stay. I'll have some floor space for you - if that's okay with you.

Eric

I'll know for sure by tomorrow. I just checked with the hotel. They still have rooms available. 2 queen beds for $93/night. Or I can book through Orbitz for $74/night. Score. I think e-flores wants to go too if I go, so we'll just share a room. I'll let you all know for sure tomorrow.

Pay $25. Take the safety class. Get your license. They provide the bike. And you'll learn something I promise, no matter how long you've been riding.
:plus1: The class is very much worth the time and $$$.

And to add to the original title of the thread, you guys leave some clean twisties down there as I will be there the following weekend. I am meeting some guys I used to be stationed with that I haven't ridden with in YEARS! And it's my first trip to the gap in almost 8 years. From what I hear, it's rather different down there now, thanks to all the cager clubs infesting the place and Johnny Law setting up permanent residence in the pull off areas. Still, it's worth the trip.