No Mid Ohio AMA races in 2013?!

RVTPilot

Confirmed dates for 2013.

"Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course has been a well-deserved mainstay on the American road racing scene since 1962, and the legendary asphalt has seen some of the most exciting road racing action in the country. The weekend of July 12-14, 2013 does not intend to be the exception as the series heads back to Lexington, Ohio for the 31st time to take on the 2.4-mile, 15-turn natural terrain road course for another set of exciting shootouts."

This is a win for everybody that loves racing.:bow:

the fiasco at mid-ohio, the 2006 superbike championship shootout, was enough for me. i havent been back since. mid-ohio total disregard for mc racer safety was borderline criminal. which is why heads rolled and the DMG took over. still not that much better than what it was. which is probably why mid-ohio may be dropped from the schedule.

the fiasco at mid-ohio, the 2006 superbike championship shootout, was enough for me. i havent been back since. mid-ohio total disregard for mc racer safety was borderline criminal. which is why heads rolled and the DMG took over. still not that much better than what it was. which is probably why mid-ohio may be dropped from the schedule.

Uh, wow... So, you think what was done that event was due to Mid-O being malicious and such? Really???

Dude, you have some really skewed facts and seeing if you haven't been there since 2006, you have missed what both the AMA and Mid-O have done in the last 7 years.

Christ...

• Upvote 1

Uh, wow... So, you think what was done that event was due to Mid-O being malicious and such? Really???

Dude, you have some really skewed facts and seeing if you haven't been there since 2006, you have missed what both the AMA and Mid-O have done in the last 7 years.

Christ...

:werd:

When you guys hate on MO keep this in mind, they are a business. A business needs to be profitable or it ceases to be in business. To be profitable they have to focus on their margins in order of biggest to smallest and try to keep all aspects happy in the process while still placing the biggest focus on the biggest money maker. MO money maker is cars period. Indy and Lemans put more money in the bank there than all other events combined so they of course are going to make sure the track surface is to their liking not bikes. Even with track days combined with Superbike and Vintage the money bikes bring in pales in comparison to cars. Then factor in the single most expensive event as far as repairs, security and grounds damage/vandalism is Superbike and that takes away a good bit of the bottom line that bikes bring. They have a business to run.

Yeah, I get all that, but I also get that a big reason the Superbike event doesn't draw the coin it should has to do with their promotion of the event. I know it may not be the case lately, but for years, the attitude of the owners/staff there was, "we're holding a race, people will show up." It's taken them half a decade of dismal attendance to see the error in that logic.

The track is responsible for promotion.

They have the option of bringing in M1 Powersports if they'd like, which personally I feel should take over promotions for the entire calendar with the success of the Big Kahuna rounds this year.

I'm not saying that's necessarily how it should be, but that's how it is. I'd like to see the AMA at least take on some of the national-level promotion responsibilities, but I don't know what their financials look like to know if that's even feasible.