WTB 250cc dirt bike

bowdog

Looking to buy that 250cc dirtbike that has been sitting in your barn that you keep looking at but realize your really not going to do anything with, Motor is not a huge issue for me and either is title. mainly need frame and a good place to start for building a bubby hillclimber for some good summer fun next year. Already have a test dummy, so no need to apply! :D Also I am very fond of Yamaha's and Honda's so I would prefer them. Thanks!

a little bigger than you mentioned, but we got a sp600 rolling chassis, engine fired up a couple years ago, but the case was cracked so it leaked oil.

no handlebars, but 2 wheels, engine, forks, springs, seat, etc...

Hmmm.

Looking to buy that 250cc dirtbike that has been sitting in your barn that you keep looking at but realize your really not going to do anything with, Motor is not a huge issue for me and either is title. mainly need frame and a good place to start for building a bubby hillclimber for some good summer fun next year. Already have a test dummy, so no need to apply! :D Also I am very fond of Yamaha's and Honda's so I would prefer them. Thanks!

You are just 6 short months too late for a deal I had here. Sold my basket 96 CR250R to Shadyone here CHEAP. Lots of spares went with it too.

Let me check with a few guys I know that trade around and see whats out there, will let you know if I come up with something. Think there was a CR500AF conversion somewhere around here if you want a huge powerhouse for hillclimbing

Try this site...BikeFinds

I'm looking for just the right '03 CR250R

These things are hairy machines (put you on your ass in about 2 seconds) unless you have some real wide-open expanses, and terrible for any trail riding. I'm on the fence.

I loved my CR in the woods, go with a mid/low pipe and jet for better grunt on the bottom end though. Makes a big difference for when you cant wind it out in tight places. If you really want a wicked woods weapon, the 450 fourstrokes are stupid fast and powerful - really got to baby those things in the trails:D

Ill sell you my 94 CR250... 3K and Ill throw in a ring! :lol:

seriously text me tomorrow Ill be in cbus and we can talk. I just repainted the bare frame. Motor is at weaver motorsports, with a complete lower end rebuild. Tops end is sitting in the garage with a fresh hone job on the head, fresh piston still in the wrapper and a brand new gasket set.

Thanks Hellmutt, if looking around I guess we should throw a CR500 on the list...Thanks for the help!! :bow:

@rawlins87 not really sure, thinking this would make a fun winter beer drinking project, we will be recruiting you soon enough for welding!! ;)

going to start some research on classes and look into some hillclimb threads, I was just assuming we would run open class and a 250 frame with a big ass motor would be cool.

Edited by bowdog

:bow::gotnos::villagers:

:D This can be worked out!!

Ill sell you my 94 CR250... 3K and Ill throw in a ring! :lol:

seriously text me tomorrow Ill be in cbus and we can talk. I just repainted the bare frame. Motor is at weaver motorsports, with a complete lower end rebuild. Tops end is sitting in the garage with a fresh hone job on the head, fresh piston still in the wrapper and a brand new gasket set.

:lol:... Just got home from hunting, have a Buckeye game party to head too but I will definitely give you a call to talk later or tomorrow about the bike.

I have a frame from an 02 WR426F that you can have if you want it. It is straight, no cracks. I bought it thinking I was going to powder coat it and swap out the frame on mine. Also have a set of wheels from an 02 YZ426F that I would part with very cheap.

Adam, Devons dad has a yz490 I think he would sell. Needs some work to get running but would be a option.

Yea let me know if you talk to him soon on what he is wanting...thinking a complete motor swap anyway. thanks buddy!