Perscription Sunglasses info needed

2talltim

I want to order a pair of perscription sunglasses and im trying to decide between transitions or just grey tint lenses. I dont really need regular glasses because my work pays for them so i want a pair of sun only glasses. The transitions are on y$20 more but im not sure if i would like them, worried they wont get dark enough. Anyone have thoughts of one over the other?

get dedicated prescription sunglasses, the auto-tint things make you look stupid and they don't work as well as you'd think they should (sloooow to lighten or darken, and they aren't dark enough).

imho.

better yet, save up and get laser surgery.

I've been wearing transitions lenses for 6 years, love em. Only drawbacks are they tint almost instantly but take a few minutes to become clear again if you go into a dark room. Also if the glass in your car windows/windshield is uv blocking they will not activate, at least not fully. On a bright day my lenses turn dead black, I haven't bought a pair of shades since I started wearing them.

zennioptical.com my man. I bought 2 pairs of prescription glasses for $36/pair. My only bitch about one pair is that the coating started to flake off along one edge of one lens, but for $35 I'll just order another pair.

zennioptical.com my man. I bought 2 pairs of prescription glasses for $36/pair. My only bitch about one pair is that the coating started to flake off along one edge of one lens, but for $35 I'll just order another pair.

just ordered 3 pairs from them, 2 pair for me and one for wifey for less than $100. Im assuming you have ordered from them before, how long did it take you to get them?

Well it looks like you made your decision. Hope you like your choices.

I wear transitions in my regular glasses with carbon lenses. They do not seem to darken as much as my old glasses did with plastic lenses. For riding I wear prescription sunglasses which have all the 'ray' protection, plus they are polarized with carbon lenses. I just carry my regular glasses with me to switch to if and when I need them.

Try those on with your helmets on. I had some goggles that went over my reg glasses and they hurt my head when I wore them while I had the helmet on.

Thats what the middle pair would be for, for when i wear my helmet when i dont have my tinted shield.the wife only wears a half lid.

just ordered 3 pairs from them, 2 pair for me and one for wifey for less than $100. Im assuming you have ordered from them before, how long did it take you to get them?

As I recall, it was a something around 2 weeks. Did you use the virtual tryon thing? I can't get over how accurate that was from what I saw on the page vs looking in the mirror after I got my glasses.

As I recall, it was a something around 2 weeks. Did you use the virtual tryon thing? I can't get over how accurate that was from what I saw on the page vs looking in the mirror after I got my glasses.

nah, i just measured a couple pair i had laying around and compared, just hope thieir specs are close. I hope i get them in 3 weeks so i have them for vacation

There are new transitions out now that get real dark and work in the car

NEW = more money in my dictionary. the pair i was looking at before were $190 for one pair and now im getting 3 pair for almost half that at http://www.zennioptical.com/. I didnt want to spend a lot for glasses i knew would get thrown around or lost and ones i wont wear very often.