First Bike

99FLHRCI

You haven't met many HD guys' date=' have you?[/quote']

My cousin owned the same year Road King as the OP for a few years, and my brother was friends with some kids whose dad had a couple harleys, but otherwise no.

That said, I like my cousin, and George was fucking awesome.

I am taking it into a local shop this weekend to have it dynoed. I spoke some more to the shop that supposedly built it. They say it is a 95CI motor with head work, cams (257 SE cams? they think), a flowed throttle body and 1.94 intake valves. They seem to remember it coming in at over 100hp. I was cleaning it up and looking for a number stamped on the heads so they could tell me more about the head job and found a Power Commander IIIr tucked inside the right side fairing. I will post my graph when I get it dynoed. Can't wait to have a hard number for the bike. Any places in central Ohio that I should stay away from? Go to places?

Thanks for the help.

Got her dynoed on Saturday morning. 90hp and 120ft-lb. The tuner at Honda Marysville says it is rich in the middle and there is more power to be had. They didn't have the equipment to tune a Power Commander IIIr with a serial port though so it was left as is.

Huh.. I learned something today. The 1999 RoadKing is injected. :confused:

Oh.. and that's a fucking ton of torque. :eek:

I am not 100% on this but I believe it was an option on the Classic only. When I look it up on their parts site it offers a Road King (FLHR) or a Classic (FLHRCI). The I is for injected. I believe FLH is Touring and the R is Road King and the C is Classic.