Car "Alarm" Legality Question

BDBGoalie

The counterfeit bills idea is pretty dumb. First off, no govt entity is going to hand you a wad of felonious Benjamins. Second, what If the bills aren't detected at the first retailer and circulate through the system? Third, what if the thieves use the money to buy drugs, completely removing them from the chain of custody. Same with marked bills. Is every retailer in the area going to subject their cash to a search for the mark? Who will perform the search? How will you tie that bill to the suspect? Pretty dumb.

Why not just fix the power lock? :dunno:

By cleaning up the wiring, does that mean you removed the alarm? If it's still in there, it should be hooked up to trigger when the doors open (mine didn't have the door triggers wired in for several years, glad I didn't need it to work!)

I agree with keeping it clean and as original looking as possible. Everything audio related in my car is aftermarket (way outdated at this point) but the head unit is the only thing noticeable by looking in through the tinted windows. No flashy wheels or anything. I don't even have an LED hooked up for the alarm armed status. The less people suspect will be in there, the less likely they'll break in.

Yea, I removed it. Hateful things. IMO alarms and locks just encourage thieves to break windows if they really want something in your car.

I normally use stock radios, head unit and all, and keep the car clean. I usually leave my car unlocked with absolutely nothing of value in it.