WTB 600ish cc sportsbike (considering ST aswell)

Exarch

there was no attempt, if you would have further read you would SEE the point I was making. Instead you wanted to isolate that and read way more into it than needed be. I have said before I commended you for wanting a fresh start and taking the course of action necessary to do so. I was simply stating a fact to regarding the abilities of the handling and suspension of the F4i

If you want to further delude yourself and others that I was trying to start something then I will continue chuckling at your Napoleon Complex and not offer any of the knowledge I've come to gain in the 3 years I've been apart of this community :)

I wasn't sure if it was in general or a direct comment. I know I can't even out perform my lil 250 let alone a bike with 3x+ the HP nor do I intend to. I'm moving up in bikes for a few reasons, but I am not going to push it any harder in ther corners than I would my 250, if anything I will probably start at the bottom again and learn my new comfort level in the corners with a bigger bike.

Now on the straights :D

I do ride in the rain and even in the cold. I got over my fear of the wind already, the cold, not so much im scared of cold tires, but I just hate the cold. I do need some advice on riding in the rain though, I tend to ride with my visor up in the hard rain due to lack of visibility and usually keep 10 under if there is no traffic or ill do 5under or the speed limit if there are cars around me in the heavier rain. in light/moderate rain I usually won't go more than 5 over, but I'm still nerves when it comes to cornering or having to make sudden stops(ive ran a couple redlights on purpose while doing the speed limit cuz I didn't want to go into an accidental slide and I didn't slow down before the intersection cuz there was clearly no cars around)

With that said, I feel I'm getting better and better every time I ride.

With that said, I feel I'm getting better and better every time I ride.

You should be ready for a literbike by Christmas, or if you hold out a bit longer, a ZX14 by April.

Just post up ... any suggestions of what I should/shouldn't get

Yeah, a 250. Get a trackday or two, push that thing to its limits then you'd be in a much better and more knowledgeable position to buy another bike.

You should be ready for a literbike by Christmas, or if you hold out a bit longer, a ZX14 by April.

Yeah, a 250. Get a trackday or two, push that thing to its limits then you'd be in a much better and more knowledgeable position to buy another bike.

I'll have outgrown the zx14 by April, I was thinking a tomahawk :)

Honestly I wouldn't have the skill/knowledge to push my current bike that hard on the track, although I would like to try and get a track day in next year regardless if I still haven't sold the 250 or if im riding a new(used) 600cc bike. Hopefully I'll be able to get in on some group rides aswell, nothing too spirited though.

My motorcycle is/will be my primary mode of transportation, not just a new toy, so I need iy to have a little more kick for the every day riding experience, not so much the whole I need to be able to fly through the corners or keep up with the big boys thing. The 250 is great and all, but I just need a little more gogo juice on straight roads and for slabbing it. I may even end up doing an out of state run with my dad.

Vstrom 650 would be so ideal for you, and they can be lowered.

I know nothing about dual sports besides they handle well off road and are usually 34-38+in seat height. Lowering a DS would defeat the purpose of it being a DS wouldn't it? I would do some research, but a DS hasn't ever crossed my mind. I'm also not a huge fan of the single seat looks, but looks arnt what im really after, although it doesn't hurt :)

I know nothing about dual sports besides they handle well off road and are usually 34-38+in seat height. Lowering a DS would defeat the purpose of it being a DS wouldn't it? I would do some research, but a DS hasn't ever crossed my mind. I'm also not a huge fan of the single seat looks, but looks arnt what im really after, although it doesn't hurt :)

The Strom is not a dual sport, and they are arguably the best all around bikes available. Do a bit of research, you are way off on what you think you know about them. ;)

The Strom is not a dual sport, and they are arguably the best all around bikes available. Do a bit of research, you are way off on what you think you know about them. ;)

Forget it man, he already knows everything.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_V-Strom_650

Wiki calls it a dual sport :dunno: I never claimed to know anything about the v storm other than the fact that it's a dual sport. I have no clue how I am way off about the bike though, I will look at the Suzuki website to confirm if it is or isn't a dual sport, if Suzuki claims it's a dual sport then someone owes me an apology ;) if Suzuki claims its a ST(im assuming thats what your classifying it as) then wiki is wrong and oh well, a usually reliable source of information is now on my shitlist.

Someone here rides a vstorm 1k, not sure who, but I looked it up cuz I usually end up up wiking bikes that I've never seen so I kind of assumed the 650 would come up as dual sport aswell. I guess wiki is wrong though, I'll look more into these when I get a chance.

Edited by Exarch

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles.aspx?sc_lang=en

Suzuki calls it a dual sport as well, so someone please inform me how I am wrong, wiki is wrong and the manufacture of the v storm is wrong? 2 people have called me out on the v Strom NOT being a dual sport... I'm not trying to argue, but when I got 2 people pretty much calling me stupid for calling something by it's correct title something is wrong here... All I said is that the vstrom was a dual sport(which indeed I think I have shown enough proof that it is a dual sport) and that all I know about dual sports is that MOST of them have a high seat height and handle well off road. I also asked the question "wouldn't lowering a DS defeat the purpose of it being a DS?" I have no interest in going off road so that wouldn't matter to me anyhow, but how am I a know it all idiot for being correct?

my guess and a complete guess because I know nothing about the Stroms and could very well be wrong is the fact enthusiasts consider it a true dual sport in the same way I consider the VFR a true sport tourer (i dont, its far more sport than tourer and I like it that way)

If you are going to lower it anyway, and use it mainly for commuting, I would certainly be considering something comfortable and user friendly,

a sport bike/race replica (600RR, ZX6, GSXR etc.) would not even be an option, why would it be?

V-Strom, Versys, ER6N, Ninja 650, Gladius, SV650, FZ6, etc., plenty of good choices out there.

I think they push V-stroms into the dual sport category for a lack of a better term, or to spread out their model lineup. Initially it's just a higher middleweight "standardish" bike. You can go either way and go full blown DS with knobbies and jack it up, or you can go light touring roadbike like it did, add tall screen get a touring seat, etc. Vstrom is very versatile, very comfortable and has been my favorite ride so far. The 650 is more than adequate and the 1000 is downright fast. But LINKs suggestions above, pretty much round out all similar options.

Edited by mike884

If you are going to lower it anyway, and use it mainly for commuting, I would certainly be considering something comfortable and user friendly,

a sport bike/race replica (600RR, ZX6, GSXR etc.) would not even be an option, why would it be?

V-Strom, Versys, ER6N, Ninja 650, Gladius, SV650, FZ6, etc., plenty of good choices out there.

He doesn't want any of those, he wants a supersport go-fast bike. This is all about style and not at all about substance, otherwise he'd be looking at a SV or a "standard Japanese" bike like the V-Strom.

I think the reason why the V-Strom is in the dualsport category is because it's retardedly versatile and can handle anything you throw at it. This is probably why you don't see a ton of them on the secondary market. The term "adventure tourer" really applies better to this and some of the larger BMW's than the term "dual-sport"

But again, we're just being pedantic. He don't want any of these things, he wants something that's not going to end up fitting him well (since he's probably never sat on it or anything like it in it's model line) but is in his wheel-house financially and looks cool. Exarch, it's your money, all I can tell you is that adding ergo's like rearsets, clipons, stuff like that is EXPENSIVE after the fact.

and they lower REALLY easily

Actually from what I've read that is the squid bike of choice. I don't feel like dying though.

The busa, opinions may vary, but this is just what I have read in recent and old reviews of the bike is pretty comfortable(good riding positin, good for long rides, comfortable seat, ect..), easier to handle compaired to similar bikes(takes less skill to ride) and the off the floor no mod speed is crazy. It is a great looking bike too. It seems to attract newer riders(especially younger ones) and not crazy expensive for the amount of power it has, especially if bought used.

I'm kind of leaning toward a gsxr 750 though to he honest if I happen to run into one around the time my bike sells, but I dunno. There have been some good suggestions on here and some sexy bikes posted up. I will defiantly be researching the bike in question and asking other riders(here or on said bike forum) before I just go out and get something on a whim.

Actually from what I've read that is the squid bike of choice. I don't feel like dying though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A GSXR will kill you just as easily there, squirt. If you want something you're not going to die on, get a trike.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A GSXR will kill you just as easily there, squirt. If you want something you're not going to die on, get a trike.

Yeah, because cars always watch out for trikes, lol

Sent from my cappy using tappy...

Technically couldn't anybike kill you? We can only limit our risk of injury/death so much, especially on a bike. All it takes is that one asshole on a cellphone to end any of our lives.

He doesn't want any of those, he wants a supersport go-fast bike. This is all about style and not at all about substance, otherwise he'd be looking at a SV or a "standard Japanese" bike like the V-Strom.

I think the reason why the V-Strom is in the dualsport category is because it's retardedly versatile and can handle anything you throw at it. This is probably why you don't see a ton of them on the secondary market. The term "adventure tourer" really applies better to this and some of the larger BMW's than the term "dual-sport"

But again, we're just being pedantic. He don't want any of these things, he wants something that's not going to end up fitting him well (since he's probably never sat on it or anything like it in it's model line) but is in his wheel-house financially and looks cool. Exarch, it's your money, all I can tell you is that adding ergo's like rearsets, clipons, stuff like that is EXPENSIVE after the fact.

Actually I find it very difficult and nerveracking to ride something that doesn't fit me well, I won't even lie about that. I rode a SV650(not very long)and I just couldn't get my mind off the riding position of the bike. This was completely stock. On my dads ninja I'm not a fan of following as close on his bike(which I guess is good) due to the way it sits aswell, not a very.good fit for me. I did ride my buddys 89 vstar and that was actually pretty cool, different style than what I want, but it was a pretty nice ride. I sat on a lowered gsxr750(didnt ride it though) it felt pretty good to me. And of course my ninja, I feel at one with the bike, it's like we were meant to be, except for the lack of power.

I need something I can bond with, I've sat on some bikes at various bike shops when my dad was looking for a new bike, some felt good, some felt ackward. I honestly couldn't tell you what I actually like though without riding it(as long as it doesn't feel ackward just sitting on it). Sure looks matter to an extent, I don't want to look at my bike and think man this thing is fucking ugly as hell.

Hopefully whatever I end up with will be the right choice for me, atleast till I feel I have outgrown it or hell I might never feel like I've out grown it. Only time will tell.