WTB 600ish cc sportsbike (considering ST aswell)

Exarch

looks like the six fitty went down hard once, and then repaired (badly) repainted (badly) and then down again.

Ya, the previous owner layed it down and then repainted it. The current owner dropped it. I figure a lil fiberglass patch, bondo? And some lime green paint will do the trick over the winter. As long as its mechanically fine the fairing should be ok still after some repair? I've done some body work on cars before so I figure it shouldn't be much different on a bike? I don't think it's too too bad, but what do y'all think?

Agree with Jbot, its been down hard a couple times. You have no clue if the forks or frame has been tweeked or other hidden issues. If it we me, I would pass. There's others.....

Wouldn't a shop be able to determine that?

Wouldn't a shop be able to determine that?

Not 3/4 of the dealers that I can think of, and I would move on with another bike. That is a great choice of bike however, and there are more "much better" out there.

Edited by Pokey

Agree with Jbot, its been down hard a couple times. You have no clue if the forks or frame has been tweeked or other hidden issues. If it we me, I would pass. There's others.....

Yep, pass. Major deduction of points for the current owner not being able to tell you exactly what happened on the crash, how fast he was going, how much he tried to repair the damage, stuff like that. There will be others.

If you haven't done this deal.. then don't do this deal.

I would sell the Ninja for what you can get and buy something else. I believe I saw a VFR750 for sale. That's a nice ride.

AND IS A VERY VERY GOOD BIKE FOR COMMUTING TOURING AND TEARING UP THE TWISTY BITS. :bow: