WTB 600ish cc sportsbike (considering ST aswell)

Exarch

I got a local guy interested in doing a trade with a 05 f4i with 7k miles on it interested in trading for my bike. He says the bike is too big for his girl. I also got a guy from AZ(480 area code) interested in a trade with a 06 600rr 16k miles good condition. AZ area code anything to worry about? I can see IN/WV/KY ect being interested, but AZ?

Quote from the guy with the f4i. I would have to have 1200 cash on top. Its totally custom. After market seat, windshield, turn signals, brake light, frame sliders, under tail kit, exhaust, br and new back tire. Plus stock seat, its been lowered but have stock link to raise it back. Ill post up pics of it tonight.

Edited by Exarch

You skimmed too much, the guy with the 650 is still interested in meeting up and doing a straight up trade this weekend. I talked to 2 dealers about his bike with some questions, so I'm kind of or was kind of still considering it... Ya I know... But still... I might tell the guy today or tomorrow no thanks... Idk, im still kind of hung, but this F4I does sound pretty good if I can get him at $1k, which I prob can since I mentioned all the original parts, which I didn't mention on craigslist.

The guy with the 600rr wanted $1.5k I told him im stuck at $1k max and that was that, so no need to worry about that bike now. Anywho here is a pic of the f4I

imagejpeg_3.jpg

He is gunna show the video I made(page 9 on here I think) to his girl and see what she thinks of it. He knows my bike went down at 10mph in ft ancient and knows about the scratches and whatnot as I have nothing at all to hide.

Edited by Exarch

I got a local guy interested in doing a trade with a 05 f4i with 7k miles on it interested in trading for my bike. He says the bike is too big for his girl. I also got a guy from AZ(480 area code) interested in a trade with a 06 600rr 16k miles good condition. AZ area code anything to worry about? I can see IN/WV/KY ect being interested, but AZ?

Quote from the guy with the f4i. I would have to have 1200 cash on top. Its totally custom. After market seat, windshield, turn signals, brake light, frame sliders, under tail kit, exhaust, br and new back tire. Plus stock seat, its been lowered but have stock link to raise it back. Ill post up pics of it tonight.

That's not "totally custom". Totally custom would be if he had a custom paint job on custom fairings with a custom-made seat, custom-made triple tree, stuff like that. What you are describing are a series of bolt-ons that make the bike "custom" to it's owner, but doesn't do a whole lot for the value proposition than if the bike was indeed "totally custom". In buying a used bike, you should understand the differences so you don't end up raping yourself like you did with the 250.

That being said, the only thing that's really adding value is the exhaust and the seat. The rest of the stuff really isn't (or shouldn't, to a competent buyer) add any real value to the price of the bike. Is the seat a Corbin?

F4i's are good bikes. You get what you want in that you have a bike that looks cool, it's slightly more comfortable than a 600RR, Honda reliability (assuming the owner(s) didn't trash the engine), and FI (seriously, you don't want to dick around with carbs).

Your bike, in it's current condition and given the time of year, is worth $2500. He's asking for a value trade of $3700, and I think 3500 is more on the mark given time of year and condition from shitty grainy photo of one side.

That's not "totally custom". Totally custom would be if he had a custom paint job on custom fairings with a custom-made seat, custom-made triple tree, stuff like that. What you are describing are a series of bolt-ons that make the bike "custom" to it's owner, but doesn't do a whole lot for the value proposition than if the bike was indeed "totally custom". In buying a used bike, you should understand the differences so you don't end up raping yourself like you did with the 250.

That being said, the only thing that's really adding value is the exhaust and the seat. The rest of the stuff really isn't (or shouldn't, to a competent buyer) add any real value to the price of the bike. Is the seat a Corbin?

F4i's are good bikes. You get what you want in that you have a bike that looks cool, it's slightly more comfortable than a 600RR, Honda reliability (assuming the owner(s) didn't trash the engine), and FI (seriously, you don't want to dick around with carbs).

Your bike, in it's current condition and given the time of year, is worth $2500. He's asking for a value trade of $3700, and I think 3500 is more on the mark given time of year and condition from shitty grainy photo of one side.

I just quoted the guys text directly, I prefer the term "upgrade" some prefer the term "aftermarket" I guess he prefers the term "custom"

I will be finding more out about the bike tomorrow, so far here is what I know about the bike and the seller. 05 f4i with 7k miles & some aftermarkets, 1 scratch, never down, clean title, proper maintenance. The guys been riding for for 10 years and rides a 1000 now and this is his girls bike now and she is scared to ride it.

Thats bout all I really know as of right now, we talked about meeting up to look at the bikes, but nothing set. His girl is interested in my bike as of right now and I gave them the video to my walk around. I wouldn't think there would be an issue after the walk around though seeing all 6 of my craigslist pictures show the scratched up spots and the craigslist description goes into pretty good detail about it all.

I figure if I trade my bike + $1k for a nice low mile bike like that it'd work out good. I mean its practically new, only 1k miles per year on it. Shoot I put 500 miles on the ninja since I posted it a few days ago.

I don't plan on trying to keep up with any bike. I'm sure more than a few riders here can vouch that being the fastest person or keeping up with the fast riders doesn't always end well. I'll ride my bike and if I go on a group ride next year sure I'll keep up on the straights to a point, sure I'll do what I can in the corners, but hell no I won't be trying to follow the guy that has the skill to go 40mph in a 15mph curve.

A bigger bike to me will mean faster launch/passing times, although in MY OPINION the ninja is pretty damn quick to start, I leave all the cars in the dust without trying. More comfort on the highway and peace of mind for long trips. Faster cruising speeds on the highway(speed limits ya ya ya) I figure cruising at about 90-100 on the way to work or whatever will be a new option, sure the ninja can do it, but I don't feel comfortable keeping the bike at that high of a rev constantly, so I don't. Wider tire meaning more stability and easier to control while riding in the grooves.

Last but not least I want to stunt and do wheelies and burnouts and show off at bike nights. I want to brag about the 217HP my bike his and how it's faster than a litter bike, I want to make up lies about me going no less than triple digit speeds through the dragons tail... Ok J/K on this last paragraph...

I don't plan on trying to keep up with any bike. I'm sure more than a few riders here can vouch that being the fastest person or keeping up with the fast riders doesn't always end well. I'll ride my bike and if I go on a group ride next year sure I'll keep up on the straights to a point, sure I'll do what I can in the corners, but hell no I won't be trying to follow the guy that has the skill to go 40mph in a 15mph curve.

That is the single smartest goddamned thing you've said on this forum.

That is the single smartest goddamned thing you've said on this forum.

Aww, your too sweet :)

I'm meeting up with the guy and his girl Friday in Eaton for a lil bike swap action. Hopefully things go smooth, if not I still got a couple offers and all winter long to look :)

So I rode the f4i today and liked it alot. We are gunna trade bikes + $1.2k which I'm cool with, little more than I wanted to spend, but it's a nice bike.

My Buddy that bough a SV650 as his starter bike about a month or so after I got mine is lookin at this 01 RC51 if he can get his bike sold , sexy bikes.