WTB 600ish cc sportsbike (considering ST aswell)

Exarch

I am in the market for a new bike, no rush or anything, as I still haven't sold my bike. I know I don't want an SV650 or any bike with the feel of a SV650(I'm too small, even if it was lowered I have to lay on the tank to reach the bars). I haven't sat on alot of bikes, but the gsxr 750(biggest bike I'd be willing to consider) was very comfortable for a guy my size. My ninja 250 sits great aswell, but the ninja 500 is uncomfortable and ackward feeling.

I would like to stay at $3k or less, but the right bike I will go up to $4k, but absolutely no higher than $4k. I do not want a bike that is trashed, has problems, or needs work. Scratches are fine, maybe a missing fairing screw, mismatched fairings, or anything very minor that will not effect the performance of the bike in any way/shape/form. I do not want a bike with alot of vibration, if I did I would go for a Harley lol... Stock/aftermarket doesn't matter too much to me, if its lowered great, no need to raise it to stock height even.

Just post up what you have for sell or even any suggestions of what I should/shouldn't get(I an a pretty small guy) hopefully I will have my current bike sold soon, but if I don't and I find a bike that is too good to pass up I just may be able to get the money, but I expect no one to hold anything for me, as I would not hold anything for anyone after hearing all the stories from people on here that were nice enough to hold something and then the buyer backs out. Hec I just may find something I like more by the time I get my money, who knows. It's coming up on winter so I'm sure there is no rush for anyone to buy/sell during this time of the year, but we'll see :)

I'd sell mine. Haven't thought much about what I'd like to get for it. I'm in no rush to sell it, was sort of figuring I'd wait til spring to try. The only other slight issue is its down here in TN with me, but that's not really a problem.

It's a 2001 zx6r.

Sent via mobile

Not interested in the sv650 at any price, it's way too big for me, I can barley reach the bars and even just sitting in it at a stop is tough for me.

The other 3 arnt bad, I like the kawi(if it feels anything like the newer ones) haven't got to sit on duc or a cbr600, hopefully it doesn't feel like the cbr250.

The guy ended up fallin threw in my bike, no biggie, just means I have longer to look at my options. As I stated in my first post I just need to wait on some money from selling my bike(unless I find a steal)

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/3307840670.html

I'm real close in worthington. The price is OBO. Very new tires, new brake pads last year. Thing runs like a top. Shoot me a note if you'd like to see it.

I've heard alot of good things about them f4I and it's sexy too, but I think I'd be leaning a little more toward the RR over the F4I due to the handling vs launch speed. Although that bike does look alot sexier than the RR :)

Rr >f4i

Really depends on what you're using it for.

The RR is faster around a track, but the F4i is a better everyday bike; especially the 2003 and newer models.

Once the RR was introduced, the F4i didn't have to be Honda's race replica anymore, and the ergonomic changes they made to it really made them much better street bikes. Plenty fast, but still reasonably comfortable.

Say what??:nono:

He's right though for a newer rider that doesn't have the skills yet to take advantage of the RR. I got it in my head that I needed the 600RR as my first bike instead of the F4i and when I found the deal on mine I jumped on it and if anything it held me back from learning to ride the way I can now.

Like I said, Exarch is NOT going to out ride the suspension and handling of an F4i. I'm not trying to knock him but again from everything I read it seems to be accurate. Hell I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to either but then again I'm not all that great to being with

How tall are you? I'm 5 ft 2 and most bikes are too tall for me. You just learn to live with it.

I've had an f4i (and an f3 and the original Hurricane) and loved them all. Can't go wrong with a Honda, they are bullet proof. I've ridden the 600rr and the difference isn't really that extreme so I think price and condition would be more of a deciding factor on that.

Mary

Exarch is NOT going to out ride the suspension and handling of an F4i.

I've been doing the track day and racing thing for 5 seasons now, and I don't think I can ride beyond the capabilities of an F4i...

But with that said, I think the true measure of skill goes far beyond riding up to a bike's potential. I do okay on my RR with a bunch of aftermarket upgrades, but what really impresses me is when I see a rider who can take a less capable bike (or the same bike in stock trim) and still leave me struggling to keep up. That's riding around a bike's weaknesses and faults, and THAT takes some serious skill.

One of my goals for next season is to learn to do that on an XR100. When the bike's performance potential is lower, you're forced to ride around its flaws more often. Look at successful pro riders, and check where they started. Nearly all of them have history with flat-track or minis.

Smaller bikes allow you to learn those skills at lower speeds.

I've been doing the track day and racing thing for 5 seasons now, and I don't think I can ride beyond the capabilities of an F4i...

But with that said, I think the true measure of skill goes far beyond riding up to a bike's potential. I do okay on my RR with a bunch of aftermarket upgrades, but what really impresses me is when I see a rider who can take a less capable bike (or the same bike in stock trim) and still leave me struggling to keep up. That's riding around a bike's weaknesses and faults, and THAT takes some serious skill.

One of my goals for next season is to learn to do that on an XR100. When the bike's performance potential is lower, you're forced to ride around its flaws more often. Look at successful pro riders, and check where they started. Nearly all of them have history with flat-track or minis.

Smaller bikes allow you to learn those skills at lower speeds.

Honestly I really don't plan on trying to push any bike to the limits I think I may be ready for let alone the limits of the bike itself. I enjoy cruising around on my bike and hitting the less adventurous backroads. I never ever(unless I have a 100% clear view) take a corner faster than the speed limit, unless I have rode that rode a few times and then I will slowly go faster at a speed I feel is safe.

Saturday I was riding on some unknown roads and came up to a 15mph speed limit on a 55mph road (73 maybe? I was coming home from kings island) I saw a slight, long curve and didn't think much of it, I was going 70mph, but droped down to 50mph(35mph above said curve speed) after I got around the curve I was wondering why it was marked for 15mph, it wasn't tight or tricky at all. I probably could of maintained my 70mph speed, but I felt 70 may be a bit fast and 15seemd entirely too slow.

I dunno though, I just like taking things slow and I'm in no rush to try and reach my peak riding skill :)

How tall are you? I'm 5 ft 2 and most bikes are too tall for me. You just learn to live with it.

I've had an f4i (and an f3 and the original Hurricane) and loved them all. Can't go wrong with a Honda, they are bullet proof. I've ridden the 600rr and the difference isn't really that extreme so I think price and condition would be more of a deciding factor on that.

Mary

I'm 5'5 with shorter than average arms and a 28 inch inseam. I will more than likely end up droping down anything over 31inches as I can barley touch the ground on my lil ninja as is.

On the high side of my price range, nice bike though. Low miles for the year and some nice upgrades are a + :)

:wtf: your crazy.

That f4i isn't a bad deal and looks clean which can be hard I find in used bikes.

Ya, it looks great for the year and seems like a solid deal. I like the 01-03 F4Is cuz they don't got the ugly banana seat. The front end of the F4I appeals to me more than the front end of the RR though, which is why I give it +1 sexiness lol :D

Exarch from everything I've read, you can't out ride te handling of an f4i

Most people can't push any bike to it's full potential, so I fail to see a valid point. I do see where you are going with this though, good attempt :)

Really depends on what you're using it for.

The RR is faster around a track, but the F4i is a better everyday bike; especially the 2003 and newer models.

Once the RR was introduced, the F4i didn't have to be Honda's race replica anymore, and the ergonomic changes they made to it really made them much better street bikes. Plenty fast, but still reasonably comfortable.

Correct me if im wrong, but when the RRs came out didn't they tone down the F4Is aswell so that the two didn't have to compete with eachother as much?

Most people can't push any bike to it's full potential, so I fail to see a valid point. I do see where you are going with this though, good attempt :)

there was no attempt, if you would have further read you would SEE the point I was making. Instead you wanted to isolate that and read way more into it than needed be. I have said before I commended you for wanting a fresh start and taking the course of action necessary to do so. I was simply stating a fact to regarding the abilities of the handling and suspension of the F4i

If you want to further delude yourself and others that I was trying to start something then I will continue chuckling at your Napoleon Complex and not offer any of the knowledge I've come to gain in the 3 years I've been apart of this community :)