Selling a few 2 long guns and 2 hand guns

zx3vfr

Somebody tell this dude that I am on the level. I pm'd w/him all day about a couple of these guns and then had to text him to prove that I am serious. Made him a very fair offer, he agreed and told him Id have Gump pick them up (since he lives about 2 1/2 hrs closer than me) and asked for pics (which I never got) Dude then decided that I was suddenly shady and called the deal off. :lol:

Somebody tell this dude that I am on the level. I pm'd w/him all day about a couple of these guns and then had to text him to prove that I am serious. Made him a very fair offer, he agreed and told him Id have Gump pick them up (since he lives about 2 1/2 hrs closer than me) and asked for pics (which I never got) Dude then decided that I was suddenly shady and called the deal off. :lol:

This shady guy is ok. I'd sell guns to him.

• Upvote 1

So, has anyone heard from Jason? Are the guns still for sale?

Edit: just read the first post. Guess he just doesnt answer posts or texts once he sells the guns out from under a deal.

Nice. :rolleyes:

Edited by max power

I offered to meet him. He declined, rather outright ignored my request to meet.. It was against my better judgment to do the deal he wanted. I really disregard what other people, even Brian had to say he was a good guy to work with, but I gave to watch out for number 1.

No offense but i would have walked away from you based on the above although i would have politely explained why instead of just disappearing. You are trying to arrange the textbook definition of a straw gun purchase. That is a serious felony.

I am sure you meant no harm and are totally cool and didn't realize what you were doing, but i bet that is why he walked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No offense but i would have walked away from you based on the above although i would have politely explained why instead of just disappearing. You are trying to arrange the textbook definition of a straw gun purchase. That is a serious felony.

I am sure you meant no harm and are totally cool and didn't realize what you were doing, but i bet that is why he walked.

Hardly a straw purchase "not even close", no official paperwork and not an FHL transaction. Personal transaction and firearms dont have to be transferred or even registered in Ohio.

Edited by Pokey
  • Upvote 1

How does the seller verify the age and residence of the buyer in this situation?

Up to the seller to ask for ID and or anything else that makes them feel comfortable, 18 and older is a given. Buyer beware and seller beware, only cash and personal information is exchanged typically. I would only sell/trade to a CHL holder, that tells me all I need to know to feel comfortable in the transaction, or I would sell to a close buddy.

Up to the seller to ask for ID and or anything else that makes them feel comfortable, 18 and older is a given. Buyer beware and seller beware, only cash and personal information is exchanged typically. I would only sell/trade to a CHL holder, that tells me all I need to know to feel comfortable in the transaction, or I would sell to a close buddy.

Ok, you are missing what I was talking about in my original post then because you are describing exactly what a person selling a gun should do to stay out of trouble.

The seller has been told that Person A is picking it up for Person B. That Person A will be picking it up and delivering it to Person B.

The seller has no way to do anything you are suggesting to Person B. If Person B is a minor or not a resident of Ohio you have a problem. Here it is, on a message board in plain view that the seller KNEW it was being picked up for a third party. The seller made the right call but perhaps handled it poorly.

Person A bought the gun from seller. Period. Person B bought gun from person A. Period. As long as person A is 21/Ohio resident, seller doesn't care who person B is. Person A cares who person B is.

Ok, you are missing what I was talking about in my original post then because you are describing exactly what a person selling a gun should do to stay out of trouble.

The seller has been told that Person A is picking it up for Person B. That Person A will be picking it up and delivering it to Person B.

The seller has no way to do anything you are suggesting to Person B. If Person B is a minor or not a resident of Ohio you have a problem. Here it is, on a message board in plain view that the seller KNEW it was being picked up for a third party. The seller made the right call but perhaps handled it poorly.

Still not illegal and still not a straw sell, and there appears to be allot of friends on this forum that know eachother and can speak on their behalf. Once again buyer beware and seller beware. Seller makes a judgement call, have to do what they feel comfortable with. :cool:

Edited by Pokey

I offered to meet him. He declined, rather outright ignored my request to meet.. It was against my better judgment to do the deal he wanted. I really disregard what other people, even Brian had to say he was a good guy to work with, but I gave to watch out for number 1.

Um, bullshit. I offered to have Gump come pick them up to expedite the transaction. After people here vouched for me, you texted me and asked if I was still interested in the original deal. I replied that I hadn't seen the pics that you promised yet. Didn't want to buy them sight unseen. You requested my email and said you would send the pics when you got home. That was the last time I heard from you. I sent 2 more texts but you ignored me.

:rolleyes: I would have emailed a copy of my CHL.

Hardly a straw purchase "not even close", no official paperwork and not an FHL transaction. Personal transaction and firearms dont have to be transferred or even registered in Ohio.

True. Thank you. Its nice to see someone here with common sense. :cheers: