What is the purpose of stretching a bike?

progrmr

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody got a problem with a slammed and streched 250?

I be out the summer smoking all you bitches

Damn I thought you had moved and I wouldnt have to be all skippin over your posts and shit again...

The longer a bike is the more stress on the frame and lots more pressure on the neck. The longer the bike is the worse cornering is partialy due to the extra weight and also due to the farther to the inside that the rear tire is trailing the front with heavy steering input. They stretch bikes more where there are more straight roads and fewer corners. You can do it around here but unless all your friends you ride with are interested in cruising on interstates then you will be left in the dust like me. Happy stretching.

I think more bikes are stretched for looks rather than drag racing. Doing something to your bike that is specifically for one thing and then not doing that thing seems kinda silly to me. Most of them don't even know why they've stretched it!

You would not know what to do with a 300 tire when you came to a bend in the road. :dunno:

yes, I do know. use all of the braking power, including both of my foot and parachute to slow down and making the turn nicely like a boy with his training wheels. there will be dual disc brakes for the rear also. ya know you want 300 tire wide kit on your scooter, errr...I meant your street fighter bike.