What is the purpose of stretching a bike?

progrmr

more rubber touching the ground means more traction. ;)

Wrong! In this case anyways!Those fat tires aren't avalible in sticky compounds like the more traditional tires are.Bikes are to light to use a contact patch that big.Go to the drag strip rental and do some resarch.The fastest bikes there will have standard (or just slightly wider)tires on them.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong! In this case anyways!Those fat tires aren't avalible in sticky compounds like the more traditional tires are.Bikes are to light to use a contact patch that big.Go to the drag strip rental and do some resarch.The fastest bikes there will have standard (or just slightly wider)tires on them.

Don't skim what I wrote so you won't miss my point. I don't know if 300 spec tire comes with sticky compound or not. I'm trying to compare between orange vs. orange, not orange with apple, so...

Well...I was talking about the same compound...of course, there're differences between sticky and non-sticky compound and weights differences in drag racing. I'm not too familiar with drag racing or what they use. But I'm pretty sure that they have regular or slightly wider tires to save weight and the rest of the traction is helped by wheelie bar, what dya all think?

My logic is (based on the same tire compound) on drag racing (eventhough I didn't purposefully have this conversation with drag racing in mind) and I want to counter-argue your statement based on drag racing situation since you brought it up:

For instance:

1. First "X" bike with with 300hp, wider "T" rear-wheel, an "L" material stretched swing arm, and equipped with "Z" rear 300 specs tire.

2. Second "X" bike with the "X" OEM hp, and with "T" OEM spec rear-wheel, an "L" material OEM specs swing arm, and equipped with "Z" rear OEM spec tire.

3. An "S" pilot rides both bikes on the same ground, ground temperature, riding gears, and wind resistance.

I use the example with the most objectivity in mind that I can think of.

I've never tested it and (I MAY BE WRONG) but, the less weight of the second bike can't justify the twice hp of acceleration in comparison with the first bike. That's what I had in mind after reading your respond.

My question: on what ground that you call me "wrong"? :p

[quote name=My question: on what ground that you call me "wrong"? :p

Like I said a bike with a 300 wide tire that is currently avalible will be slower than the same bike with a more traditional size.

1)300 tires are not currently made in sticky or soft copounds= slower off the line,probably spinning!

2)300 wide tires have more weight and drag= lower top speed!

3)Bikes don't turn as well or as easily with wide tires!

4)Most 300 tire kits use a prop shaft or jack shaft set up.Those are soooo cool!

5)posers love them!!!!!!!!!

Like I said a bike with a 300 wide tire that is currently avalible will be slower than the same bike with a more traditional size.

1)300 tires are not currently made in sticky or soft copounds= slower off the line,probably spinning!

2)300 wide tires have more weight and drag= lower top speed!

3)Bikes don't turn as well or as easily with wide tires!

4)Most 300 tire kits use a prop shaft or jack shaft set up.Those are soooo cool!

5)posers love them!!!!!!!!!

i guess this becomes a joke to you, doesn't it? :nono:

reread what I wrote so you won't miss my point.

Actually you purchased the wrong bike if you're drag racing a 600. If you're stretching obviously drag racing is your goal. And if you're drag racing you do it to win, therefore you get 1000cc or more. 600, they need to be doing a trackday instead. Just my opinion.
we have a true 06 r6 streched and rides it on the street that will give u fits at the 1/4 with u on ur zx14 some here in columbus has seen it at work

p.s and stretching it dont allways work as u can see below

we have a true 06 r6 streched and rides it on the street that will give u fits at the 1/4 with u on ur zx14 some here in columbus has seen it at work

p.s and stretching it dont allways work as u can see below

He can ride then. Imagine what he can do on a 1000,Busa,14, then. No what I mean?:cool: By the way, that busa sounds bitchin with the baffle out. I decided to get the SMEG instead of the Alien Head so I can take the baffle out once in awhile to blow some ear drums. Hope I don't get fined for it. :D