first gun

ninjachic

My friend (female) who took the CCW class with me likes the XP, shield and Glock 17 all 9mm handguns. Personally I'd add the LC9 as a good concealed carry but it takes getting used to the long trigger pull.

My wife took a firearms class with her dad and they were able to shoot half a dozen or so different hand guns from .22 up to .45; revolvers and semi. She got a good feel for a number of different guns - might be something to look in to?

Oh that's a good idea. I'll def have to look into that.

Shooting what gun/guns, you want pistol, rifle or shotgun?

pistol. sorry should have been a bit more specific.

Ah pistol......comes down to what you want it for, and the best fit/feel and confidence inspiring piece. I am confident any number of members here would be very happy to let you shoot a variety, no doubt you would find yourself a nice toy. You will know when you gel or don't gel with a pistol......trust me. Good for you showing an interest. :)

or you could go to the range and rent a few. They are usually ~$10.

More details to add would be

-what is your intended use? If you just want to go shooting then it might be different from if you're trying to carry.

-what are you looking to spend?

-how tough are your hands? I know this sounds silly, but I've shot guns (specifically a glock36) that hurt my hands after 10 or so trigger pulls

haha oh wow. i am def asking the right people.

mostly for targeting practice and home defense. dont really need to carry one around with me at all.

i've got really small hands but they are pretty strong. I shot a small .22 (i think) before and did awesome with it. it was like a toy. (hope that doesnt make me sound bad. haha)

and i'm not looking to spend a whole lot.

Shotgun for home defense........ 22 pistol for having fun, can always go more powerful later if ya catch the bug. Why not get a carry permit, not safe out there no matter what "some" members here choose to believe.