first gun

ninjachic

If you care to read this former cop and current morgue workers take on the caliber debate it pretty much is the same as I feel about it.

http://www.gunthorp.com/Terminal%20Ballistics%20as%20viewed%20in%20a%20morgue.htm

To each their own but it does boil down to shot placement. The larger the caliber the larger the area for an effective shot. When shooting for real compared to practice its a lot harder to be accurate. So when the Original Poster said the gun would be for range and defense I suggested the shot guns. It's a lot easier to hit a target with the 9 rounds that come out of a 00 round then with 1 out of a smaller handgun round. Even with a range gun I prefer the shotgun due to its versatility the opportunity to shoot moving targets. But the OP is more into handguns apparently so the taurus judge is still my suggestion. It's what my wife carries because she's able to hit what she intends to easier. She does ok with my .45 but doesn't like the grip. She hates my .380 kel-tech because of the felt recoil due to the small size.

If you care to read this former cop and current morgue workers take on the caliber debate it pretty much is the same as I feel about it.

http://www.gunthorp.com/Terminal%20Ballistics%20as%20viewed%20in%20a%20morgue.htm

To each their own but it does boil down to shot placement. The larger the caliber the larger the area for an effective shot. When shooting for real compared to practice its a lot harder to be accurate. So when the Original Poster said the gun would be for range and defense I suggested the shot guns. It's a lot easier to hit a target with the 9 rounds that come out of a 00 round then with 1 out of a smaller handgun round. Even with a range gun I prefer the shotgun due to its versatility the opportunity to shoot moving targets. But the OP is more into handguns apparently so the taurus judge is still my suggestion. It's what my wife carries because she's able to hit what she intends to easier. She does ok with my .45 but doesn't like the grip. She hates my .380 kel-tech because of the felt recoil due to the small size.

You stand by what you believe, and I stand by what I believe. They will all kill ya eventually, but Zombies must be shot in the head. And how in the hell does your wife carry/conceal a Taurus Judge? :wtf:

You stand by what you believe, and I stand by what I believe. They will all kill ya eventually, but Zombies must be shot in the head. And how in the hell does your wife carry/conceal a Taurus Judge? :wtf:

Either in her purse or the diaper bag, the ccw laws out here rock. All you have to be is a law abiding resident and you can carry concealed or open. It's nice to know most people are carrying. There's also a lot less of the no guns allowed signs.

Either in her purse or the diaper bag, the ccw laws out here rock. All you have to be is a law abiding resident and you can carry concealed or open. It's nice to know most people are carrying. There's also a lot less of the no guns allowed signs.

see I would carry if I could but unfortunately most of the places I go right now, it's actually illegal to carry in there. Guess I could leave it in my car then but that still kind of defeats the purpose of carrying.

The camera outside your window has been on for 3 days now. I know more than you think. You also gave your number, email and Facebook. My interweb skills run deep, I probably know you better than you know yourself right now. :)

and btw its probably a good thing you have all that other stuff now considering someone is now trying to get me kicked off of here. :nono:

She's a Ginger? Uh o
Fake ginger from what I understand. ;)
no no no, I said I am NO ginger. its a dark red. well sorta right now. most of it faded out.

..and what's wrong with gingers? HMMMMMMM!!?

PS.. I have an LC9 and I love my gun. Easy to carry and fun to shoot.

well i'm just curious how he is going to verify?!?!:p

You just check to see if the carpet matches the drapes. If the flooring is bare moose knuckle you'll just have to wait till that moose starts growing some fur back on its knuckles.