first gun

ninjachic

You just check to see if the carpet matches the drapes. If the flooring is bare moose knuckle you'll just have to wait till that moose starts growing some fur back on its knuckles.

that requires having something to compare it to!!! :eek:

Yes, REALLY!

hehe oh yea

I'm scared to ask her to elaborate..

haha. i'm sure you'll just have to find out. :D

• Upvote 1

What's this stuff then?

http://www.bulkammo.com/handgun/bulk-.45-long-colt-ammo

It's the same thing they just call it by different names.

Have you ever used a gun in a stressed situation? If so how accurate were you? You cannot convince me a 9mm is a good round for defense situations. I carry a gun everyday not because its my right, my choice or it is cool I carry because I have to. My life is on the line I go with either an M4 or 870 as my primary depending on the area I'm working and an hk .40 as my secondary firearm. As there are other guns is prefer over the hk but we have to use what is issued to us. But I wouldn't do the job I do now with a 9mm or a .38. Hell even the ODRC has switched to .40 glocks over the S&W .38 and they rarely ever need to draw their firearm.

It's .45 Colt, not Long Colt. All you've proven is that Bulkammo.com is wrong too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Colt

"The designation ".45 Long Colt", sometimes abbreviated as ".45 LC", originated among military personnel to prevent confusion with the shorter-cased .45 Schofield which was also used in .45 Colt SAA revolvers by the US military. It has become a popular, yet improper, name for the cartridge."

9mm is great defensive round, as is the 38sp. There's a lot more to being a defensive round besides pure ballistics. Like, what form factor is available for that cartridge, and if the cartridge choice itself lends to the likelihood that the user will be able to hit something. If you're flinching from the expected recoil from a .40 vs putting round after round .22 LR on target then the .22 LR is a better choice. I don't think the OP mentioned heading into any war zones.

Edited by kiggy74

ermm, there's two 45 colt, one short and one long. That's why one is called .45 LC (45 long colt). The short is the .45 Schofield round, which can be fired in the long colt weapon, but not vice versa. Not that we'd be firing a short 45 colt anytime soon. All the newer schofields are 45 long colt. But yes, it's official name was 45 Colt.

Wrong.

There's a .45 Colt and a .45 Schofield, aka short colt.

It's .45 Colt, not Long Colt. All you've proven is that Bulkammo.com is wrong too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Colt

"The designation ".45 Long Colt", sometimes abbreviated as ".45 LC", originated among military personnel to prevent confusion with the shorter-cased .45 Schofield which was also used in .45 Colt SAA revolvers by the US military. It has become a popular, yet improper, name for the cartridge."

9mm is great defensive round, as is the 38sp. There's a lot more to being a defensive round besides pure ballistics. Like, what form factor is available for that cartridge, and if the cartridge choice itself lends to the likelihood that the user will be able to hit something. If you're flinching from the expected recoil from a .40 vs putting round after round .22 LR on target then the .22 LR is a better choice. I don't think the OP mentioned heading into any war zones.

I have a .380 that kicks harder than my .40, .45, and my wifes .410/45LC. I know of a shooting in Columbus with a .38sp where the guy was hit in the head and the bullet bounced off. A .40 would not have done that without breaking bone. The energy transfer of the bigger calibers is a lot greater than the smaller calibers. I still stand by the shot gun being way better either in the long form (870) or short ( taurus judge) than a regular round. If you take an inexperienced shooter and give them a .38 and stood them in front of a target the size of a pop can. Told them how to work the gun and aim then told them if they miss your going to punch them in the face. Then you do the same with a shotgun and I bet they fuck the can up more with the shotgun. I used to qual with the .38s when I worked at the prison. There were people that wouldn't even hit the paper of the torso targets we used but they would do great with the .870. Now the ODRC has switched to glock .40's.

I've also done training on how to skip shot a shotgun. It's a lot easier and predictable than a handgun round. Also the glorified 9 doesn't do shit to a bullet proof vest. A shotgun while it won't go through the vest will push the vest into the target.