Anyone have a Smart car?

conn-e-rot

http://germaintoyota.net/preowned-inventory/2011_Toyota_Yaris_Columbus_JTDJT4K37B5338446.aspx

I would have already bought this if it had cruise control. Only 11K miles! Auto tranny and some good options.

I bet they would take 10K +TTL

She would have a car that would go another 190K miles & be cheap to operate & own.

http://germaintoyota.net/preowned-inventory/2011_Toyota_Yaris_Columbus_JTDJT4K37B5338446.aspx

I would have already bought this if it had cruise control. Only 11K miles! Auto tranny and some good options.

I bet they would take 10K +TTL

She would have a car that would go another 190K miles & be cheap to operate & own.

Looks like a solid car if you want to be in $11k. Low miles, you clearly know what you'll get already having one. Looks cute. Checking all the boxes, but you'll shoot your wad...

Timing belt right out of the gate if it hasn't JUST been done.

I take it you haven't lifted the hood on a 2006+ Civic? They no longer have timing belts, they use chains now.

The reliability of my previous 2002 model was outstanding, going on memory..

3 alternators in the 280,000+ miles.

2 replacement batteries.

Wheel bearings at 185,000 miles.

good tires ( Michelin) would go around 85,000 miles.

Brakes 65-75,000 miles

After 280,000 + miles it still never burned oil with 5,000 mile changes.

I did do the timing belt, water pump deal every 100,000 miles.

I hope my 2012 Civic delivers the same reliability.

Well I caved and bought her the car I told her I wouldn't due to price... but I found a 2011 Kia Soul with 35k loaded and got them to throw in a 100k $0 deductible bumper to bumper warranty so everything is covered and I got it for $13,200 so I think I did pretty good based off the other prices I had seen.... and best of all and most important my little princess is happy she has the car she has wanted since they came out and she will be safe.

• Upvote 1

Shoot, this was my first car, a green 1974 Plymouth Duster with a slant 6, paid a grand for it as a Junior in HS (same color as the one in the pic below):

1974_Plymouth_Duster_Twister_Slant_6_For_Sale_Front_Side_1.jpg

Second car was a 1971 Dodge Demon 340 which cost me $1,800 (same color as the one in the pic below):

71dem.jpg

Third car out of high school was a burgandy 1968 Pontiac GTO, paid $1,500 for it (same color as the one in the pic below):

68h_00309_1.jpg

The way I see it, if the parents want to help their child buy their first car - or buy it for them - that's their call to make, not public opinion.

I wouldn't buy a Smart Car due to the maintenance costs - I own a German car so I speak from experience - but would look at a Civic, they run forever and I miss my '00 EM1.

Shoot, this was my first car, a green 1974 Plymouth Duster with a slant 6, paid a grand for it as a Junior in HS (same color as the one in the pic below):

1974_Plymouth_Duster_Twister_Slant_6_For_Sale_Front_Side_1.jpg

Second car was a 1971 Dodge Demon 340 which cost me $1,800 (same color as the one in the pic below):

71dem.jpg

Third car out of high school was a burgandy 1968 Pontiac GTO, paid $1,500 for it (same color as the one in the pic below):

68h_00309_1.jpg

The way I see it, if the parents want to help their child buy their first car - or buy it for them - that's their call to make, not public opinion.

I wouldn't buy a Smart Car due to the maintenance costs - I own a German car so I speak from experience - but would look at a Civic, they run forever and I miss my '00 EM1.

My cousin has a fully restored '68 or '69 goat looks just like that pic

Well I caved and bought her the car I told her I wouldn't due to price... but I found a 2011 Kia Soul with 35k loaded and got them to throw in a 100k $0 deductible bumper to bumper warranty so everything is covered and I got it for $13,200 so I think I did pretty good based off the other prices I had seen.... and best of all and most important my little princess is happy she has the car she has wanted since they came out and she will be safe.

You're a good dad. :D That's a safe car, reliable and you covered your bases with a good warranty. I don't see how you could go wrong there.