Ride today?

sporttour

Last weekend was perfect for riding. Unfortunately, it was also perfect for getting some outside work done around the house. With that said, I was able to get out for a short ride. The ST1100 has turned over 100,000 miles. Once the majority of the riding season is over, I need to replace the timing belt and send by Alpinestar boots to get new soles.

Historically, my bike gets put up around mid-December until early February - barring days with clear roads and high temperatures above freezing. Riding to work and home in the dark with temps below freezing is not especially fun. Riding on snow- and ice-covered roads is a non-starter for me - unless I get caught in it. Nothing like slick surfaces to ensure precise throttle, brake and steering inputs.

When do you typically put your bike up?

Congrats on turning the ST over 100k miles.My FJR just truned over 100k two weekends ago.It's always good to hear about high milage riders and bikes.

I don't usually put the FJR up.Of course I don't ride nearly as much in the winter,but the FJR has never sat longer than two weeks since I bought it in late '03.So far this year I am still commuting on it nearly every day.We had a couple days in the mid 20's last week,which is pretty close to the bottom end of my riding window.

It's showing some signs of all those winter rides and miles,but I still love it!We just rode 340 miles saturday on some very fun twisty roads south of Gallipolis.

Edited by drc32-0

Haven't put a bike up yet. Been riding year around here in NE Ohio since I started riding 28 years ago in temps down to about 20F. Don't go out if streets are slippery with ice or snow but have splashed thru a trillion gallons of salt water. Probably ride today but have things to do so tomorrow for sure.

Some bikes get put up, some bikes I keep ready to ride. Depends on what they need in projects/maintenance and what I've planned to ride. The 950 is my go-to winter machine and I like to do the dirt down south all winter.