NASCAR coming to Mid Ohio

Casper

I talked to Mike, track manager, about this last season during our track worker party and he said they've talked for years about getting atleast a Busch series or truck series race there but it won't happen due to the demands NASCAR puts on the track such as grandstands, media, sponsorships and commissions on vendors, tickets, camping ect.

We will see though maybe something has changed. I'm not so sure that's a very well suited NASCAR track though, truck series maybe.

Whats the difference? Truck series is just NAPCARs with a flat spot out back.

I'll check it out if GA tickets are <$50 and there aren't 120,000 NASCAR fans there.

If tix are less than $50 you can expect at least that many.

I love watching NAPCAR run road courses. Shows their true lack of driving talent.

• Upvote 1

I talked to Mike, track manager, about this last season during our track worker party and he said they've talked for years about getting atleast a Busch series or truck series race there but it won't happen due to the demands NASCAR puts on the track such as grandstands, media, sponsorships and commissions on vendors, tickets, camping ect.

We will see though maybe something has changed. I'm not so sure that's a very well suited NASCAR track though, truck series maybe.

Yep, been talk of this for as long as I can remember too, but the track can't get the sponsors and $$ fronted for it all. It's like going from dirt track racing to nationwide etc.

Right now theres a driver who just made the change now that the dirt season is over, he had to bring over 1mil in sponsors, lucky for him his dad was the CEO of the coal mine company that had the huge collapse a few years ago in WV, and he had gotten out right before that. Dad's a scumbag but kid is a wheelman on the dirt, granted he has the best equipment daddy's money can buy, but whatever.

Same with these tracks, hence why Mansfield lost the Truck race a long time ago, biggest sponsor was Pepsi, it was at that time locally owned, NOT corporate. Now it's corp. and they pulled the $$ for a small race like that with little return.

Would absolutely go for the weekend if it ever happens, but not holding my breath.

A lot like the Clippers stadium track etc, the details have changed 100 times now, and I can't believe it will ever go all the way, may start, but doubt it will happen. Also like the drag strip at Mansfield, it was graded, everything, $ and EPA shut it down due to a natural running stream that was going to be displaced. It would have been better than Norwalk and already was going to hold all the big races.

Whats the difference? Truck series is just NAPCARs with a flat spot .

Truck series draws less of a crowd and makes fewer demands on the track as well as a lower commission. Truck series drivers also "seem" to have a less inflated ego and track rage problem so the close quarters racing and rubbing that that tight track will yield will be better suited to the truck series

Truck series draws less of a crowd and makes fewer demands on the track as well as a lower commission. Truck series drivers also "seem" to have a less inflated ego and track rage problem so the close quarters racing and rubbing that that tight track will yield will be better suited to the truck series

Actually, rumor is that Eldora will host a truck race this year, back to the grassroots of Napcar, on dirt oval. That's were we go for the big crown jewels of the dirt season, and Tony owns the track.

But yes, my uncle used to sponser a truck team for about 75% of the rraces, Westerman Company out of Breman OH, back when they ran at Mansfield etc, we actually got to meet the driver, walk through the rig, see the trucks, eat in the tent, etc. Lots of fun, and yes, they are a totally different breed, well some. Not all.

But yeah, if you guys really want to see some good stuff, google the Dream or World, Eldora Speedway. Crazy stuff on 4 wheels, granted nothing like AMA or MotoGP or WSBK.

But yeah, if you guys really want to see some good stuff, google the Dream or World, Eldora Speedway. Crazy stuff on 4 wheels, granted nothing like AMA or MotoGP or WSBK.

Eldora is a blast, we try to go every other year to the Prelude to the dream. Good times!!