I'm not a racist, just a rider.

Casper

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I admit it I'm racist :o

I hate white people. They have everything feed to them on a silver spoon.

Oops I'm white and eat off a silver spoon. Sometimes plastic but really only at picnics. Oh well I guess I hate myself.:cool:

Ok I admit it I'm racist :o

I hate white people. They have everything feed to them on a silver spoon.

Oops I'm white and eat off a silver spoon. Sometimes plastic but really only at picnics. Oh well I guess I hate myself.:cool:

I'm an equal opportunity hater.

Most people I come across seem to "hate" individuals more than one's race. At least that's how I am. It's got nothing to do with race it's first the attitude then actions of a person that make me judge their character. You character is what I like or don't like.

BTW I agree with the first post. It's just how it is and there is nothing I can do to change it.

Edited by Lost1888

I buzz my head down to nothing every 2 weeks. It's niiiiiiiiice. Plus I still look good anyways. :banana:

Streamlined = SMEXY.

And uhm... WOW@ this thread, and to some of y'all's comments. But uhh.. yeah, knock yourselves out. Long live Freedom of Speech.

complaining about black history month? come on man, whites already have 11 months of the year, can't give the negros one month?!

i kid.. but I do agree with the original post

qft, that's the same argument for all the bullshit... "all the other channels are for white people" "every day is MALE history month"

And as a reminder most of the crap isn't exclusive... as a male you can join just about any "female" group... but noone does... that's how they get around it

there needs to be some sort of pop up when you post to a thread thats over a year old that say "are you fucking sure you want to dig up a 2 year old thread" and then if you hit yes another one that says "are you REALLY REALLY sure?" someone did some digging for this SOB

there needs to be some sort of pop up when you post to a thread thats over a year old that say "are you fucking sure you want to dig up a 2 year old thread" and then if you hit yes another one that says "are you REALLY REALLY sure?" someone did some digging for this SOB

Good point. Also a 25 point deduction from your rep to dissuade people from doing it.

In truth, I think it's a matter of perspective--

It's typically viewed as acceptable when minority groups band together or exhibit ethnic pride because, as minorities, many of them have experienced one sort of hardship or another as a direct result of being part of that minority. Slavery, Jim Crow, Japanese Internship, etc, are all things that have "earned" minority groups the right to "stand up" for themselves a bit.

Let's be honest here-- With the exception of Irish-Americans and other down-trodden European immigrants in the earlier part of the 20th century, white Americans in general have never been an oppressed group in this country, at least not as a result of their race. And people rarely make a stink about various Irish Pride (and other nationality-oriented) groups and events, because I think most of us (even black guys like me) recognize their right to such things.

Speaking as a black man, what makes people edgy about "White Pride" is often the tone in which it is voiced. I think some people tend to see the growing equality of minorities in this country as a kind of zero-sum game: If those people are getting something, then I must be losing something. This leads to a rather resentful, reactionary, and sometimes belligerent tone that I've personally found from some people who claim to be simply embracing "white pride". Furthermore, I think advancing it as White rather than, say, Irish or Greek or German, is also part of what turns people off. Putting the focus on the skin-color rather than on the country of origin tends to rub people the wrong way.

I think that we, as black Americans, are in kind of an odd situation on this front. Record-keeping during slavery was pretty poor-- it's exceedingly rare for a black American to be able to find what region or country his family was brought from. In a way, "black American" is kind of a nationality of its own in that respect- I don't know what country my grandfather's great-grandfather was from. But I know I'm an American, born and bred. And this fact is uniquely true for any black person whose family has been here since then.

Obviously, I'm not trying to start a flame-war on a board to which I'm totally new, but this was the first topic that popped up when I signed in, so I thought I'd at least try to add to the debate.

Incidentally, because I happen to be half-white and shave my head regularly, I get mistaken for a white skinhead all the time. With naturally hilarious results. :cool:

EDIT: Just saw the post above mine and realized that someone had bumped this shit from two years ago. Ugh. Sorry for adding fuel to a burning turd. Oh well.

Edited by Aerik
In edit comments above.

Coming from a soldier that fight for this country freedom and equal rights. Its about time we all grow up, when it comes bleeding and dying it does not matter what color you are. The only problem in this world now is if you are rich or poor qne how you choose to live your life each day. The problem we face today is if we will have a job tomorrow all race is dealing with this issue...

Yeah, this is really old...But:

1. Less than a hundred years ago, Irish, Italian, Greek, etc, were not considered white. Only English, German, Scandinavian, etc.

2. In less than a hundred years, white will no longer be a majority in the USA. No one will.

Good stuff Aerik! Very refreshing perspective.

I find it awesome that you use "black American" I see "african american" very similar to if I was to request people refer to me as "european american" ...

Also... on another topic... why is "colored" taboo? If it's so bad why doesn't the NAACP change their name? I never understood that...

In truth, I think it's a matter of perspective--

It's typically viewed as acceptable when minority groups band together or exhibit ethnic pride because, as minorities, many of them have experienced one sort of hardship or another as a direct result of being part of that minority. Slavery, Jim Crow, Japanese Internship, etc, are all things that have "earned" minority groups the right to "stand up" for themselves a bit.

Let's be honest here-- With the exception of Irish-Americans and other down-trodden European immigrants in the earlier part of the 20th century, white Americans in general have never been an oppressed group in this country, at least not as a result of their race. And people rarely make a stink about various Irish Pride (and other nationality-oriented) groups and events, because I think most of us (even black guys like me) recognize their right to such things.

Speaking as a black man, what makes people edgy about "White Pride" is often the tone in which it is voiced. I think some people tend to see the growing equality of minorities in this country as a kind of zero-sum game: If those people are getting something, then I must be losing something. This leads to a rather resentful, reactionary, and sometimes belligerent tone that I've personally found from some people who claim to be simply embracing "white pride". Furthermore, I think advancing it as White rather than, say, Irish or Greek or German, is also part of what turns people off. Putting the focus on the skin-color rather than on the country of origin tends to rub people the wrong way.

I think that we, as black Americans, are in kind of an odd situation on this front. Record-keeping during slavery was pretty poor-- it's exceedingly rare for a black American to be able to find what region or country his family was brought from. In a way, "black American" is kind of a nationality of its own in that respect- I don't know what country my grandfather's great-grandfather was from. But I know I'm an American, born and bred. And this fact is uniquely true for any black person whose family has been here since then.

Obviously, I'm not trying to start a flame-war on a board to which I'm totally new, but this was the first topic that popped up when I signed in, so I thought I'd at least try to add to the debate.

Incidentally, because I happen to be half-white and shave my head regularly, I get mistaken for a white skinhead all the time. With naturally hilarious results. :cool:

EDIT: Just saw the post above mine and realized that someone had bumped this shit from two years ago. Ugh. Sorry for adding fuel to a burning turd. Oh well.

Good post :plus1:

You made a good post, but I just had to point out the mistakes..lol.

I underlined what it was. In the last paragraph you did what you said people didn't like and that is referring to skin color instead of ethnicity. :p;)

Oh and for the record...I have no idea what the hell I am. I just know my skin is white and my eyes are blue, I wear a size 14, I'm 32, and I'm balding. :lol: OH! and I love meat and potatoes!

Supposedly my last name has some reference to Scotland. :dunno:

Edited by NinjaNick