New American motorcycle company.

JackFlash

I'd love the chance to buy an American sport bike that was competitive in todays market. Unfortunitly no one seems interested in making a motorcycle that is affordable. EBR, Motus, Confederate, Waken. All have come up with some really great bikes and all of them have cost $20-$40K and have no dealer support.

I'd Love the chance to buy an American sportbike. Unfortunitly no one seems interested in making an affordable one. EBR, Motus, Confederate, Waken. All have had some really interesting bikes and all have been $20-$40k with no real dealer network.

I'd Love the chance to buy an American sportbike. Unfortunitly no one seems interested in making an affordable one. EBR, Motus, Confederate, Waken. All have had some really interesting bikes and all have been $20-$40k with no real dealer network.

You can say that again :rolleyes:

I'd love the chance to buy an American sport bike that was competitive in todays market. Unfortunitly no one seems interested in making a motorcycle that is affordable. EBR, Motus, Confederate, Waken. All have come up with some really great bikes and all of them have cost $20-$40K and have no dealer support.

Keep an eye on US Highland. They are not the best looking but are promising made to order race bikes for the street. I am watching the StreetTracker and the Viking. No idea on pricing though. Not sure what they have planned for dealer support.

Is the FISCHER sportbike still around anymore?

I believe so, but there aren't (m)any dealers.

I "liked" their Facebook page a few years ago and chatted with them about racing a bit. WERA fucks them by not allowing their bike to run lightweight twins. I believe that's based on the inverted forks a d brembo brakes, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, it seems odd that they haven't sold well... The sv650 has proven the market is there. Just no reputation to back the name I guess. Catch-22. Can't sell without reputation, and can't get a good reputation without bikes on the streets (or the track).

I think EBR will get there, but it will be a few years yet.

What puzzles me is why they've started with a heavyweight bike instead of a lightweight or a middleweight. In that regard, I feel like Fisher did it right - they started with a very practical class that should appeal to a lot of people.

EBR did things kind of backward by building the 1190RS to win AMA Superbike races... I like that they are focused on that goal, but not that they've somewhat ignored the more populous markets.

I don't need an American version of a Duc 1198, but I would consider an American version of an 848 competitor. A middleweight twin.

Really, I liked the old XB9's quite a bit. With a smaller (lighter) engine and liquid cooling, I think they would have been pretty awesome. Considering the engine block they were using, they were still pretty impressive bikes.

But yeah, price is definitely a huge factor. I know you can only build to a price-point by sacrificing material costs, but I would love to have some options for American made bikes in the sub $10k range.

EBR is really the only one I look to see much success out of. I'm not gonna go off on a Harley bash/rant but they really should have supported Buells technological advancement and priced them more competitively.

Fischer should have been a big hit, I think the lack of a reliable engine suplier doomed them. I'm not sure the hyousung motor could pass emissions at this point. Even if they did ramp up production for 2013??? It might be to little to late.

The article in road racing world this month about the ninja 300 makes some interesting points about the lifan and hyosungs of the industry. It is very easy to go out and buy a new smaller displacement bike for around $2-3k

The thought is that Kawasaki is stepping out of the "cheap" bike arena and has no intention of making disposable bikes that beginners drop a bunch, an then sell a year later. The 300 is pretty legit, I hear.

Big write up in Motorcyclist June 2011.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsandupdates/motorcycle_news/122_1106_motus_operandi_first_look/

Interesting concept. Nothing wrong with trying to do it differently.

130# motor putting out 160 hp isnt too shabby for a sport tourer. Too bad its too pricey.