IMS Cleveland After-Party

Vulcan_Rider

If you mean me...

If we end up getting a hotel room, I see no reason why you couldn't. I don't have a room booked yet though since plans still seem to be in the air.

So let's fucking agree on a place for fucks sake.

All in favor of froggys in the Ramada inn?

Aye

Everybody is either waiting to be told what to do or standing in a circle jackin' it and trying to avoid eye contact.

Well if I knew of a place, I'd help but I know nothing of Cleveland so I can do nothing but sit around for someone who does know the area to pick something.

Ok.......

I went ahead and bought tickets to the show for myself, my cousin and our respective sammich makers. Then I started looking at lodging in the area....

The Ramada airport west is the closest flop house and has a bar and grill on premises but after reading some reviews I'm a bit iffy. Most reviews are negative and complain of drunks loitering in the halls and parking lot; no problem, I plan on joining their ranks. What worries me is one report of bed bugs.

Other complaints include no towels, dirty rooms, stained carpet etc.

I can't get the maps app on my phone to show me hotels and bar/grills at the same time. Would love some input from anyone who knows the area and can recommend a bar within stumbling distance of a decent hotel that's reasonably close to the ix center.

If the recent activity in this thread is any indication, I may as well be asking magz to buy a machine gun.

One thing is for sure, we are going and we are staying up there for the night and getting drunk.

• Upvote 1

Ok, found this hotel:

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/index.html

That is at the end of a dead end road half a mile from this bar and grill

http://www.graytonroadtavern.com/

Here's a map. The southern-most star is the ix center. The other two are the hotel and the bar.

2012-12-20_04-42-47.png

The menu looks ok, its only a few miles from the ix center, the rates at the hotel are decent and its got good reviews.

That's all the fucking work I'm putting into this. If nobody else comes up with something in the next week or so, this is where my group will be.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

I will check into it since I pass it everyday going to work. I MIGHT be able to talk my wife into being a dd for the night. we have room in the suv for five cramped adults plus us. If she is down to go out that night I might be able to run shuttle for the out of towners? Will post up later.

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick.

Is this shit going down or what?

So far its me and my group plus some chick that can't afford to get there or stay the night.

Pull it together.

Oh yeah.....

Bump

Hey now. Pretty sure I can afford to get there just can't afford a room.

My bad. Looks like nobody else is very interested

The interest is low because we've done the IMS show and party as a group for several years now, if you search IMS on here you'll find the threads and pictures and such. We've had 50 plus people before in our group and was an excellent time but the show as really gone downhill and the party really fell off the last couple years too.

That's why we are trying the Indy show this year instead. New venue, new party spot. Indy combines the IMS show with the dealer Expo so it will be a larger show and many more party options.

There is a thread for it and we have 7 rooms left in the block of rooms we reserved.

You're welcome to join us there, it will be a better time.