car dealerships that take bikes as trades?

crb

Been a while, but I gots a question that should be up your alley.

Decided the bikes are going. I like riding, but im thinking about a jeep wrangler, something more family oriented.

1. Can you recommend a decent dealer that isn't going to bend me over too hard. Two bikes and a pickup will be traded likely.

P.s I hate car shopping! No offense carwhore.

Or

2. A bike dealer to buy the bikes that will not screw me too bad.

Due to my schedule selling them privately may be difficult.

Edited by crb

I guess I was looking for recommendations on dealers that would do right by me. I HATE car shopping. I walked out of 3 or 4 dealerships last time and that was only dealing with one trade. I can only imagine 3 being w worse.

I also welcome advice concerning jeeps. Ive never been a jeep guy. I have been a truck guy for years. Truck sits yoo much. Looking at a full size suv to cover towing. Jeep seems like it would be nice for country drives with the top down. All year drivable. Probably wont off road it heavy.

How easy do the hard tops come off the wrangler unlimiteds? One person job? 2 or 3?

Ill take your bikes and truck in on trade.

I normally just call a bike dealer and get a buy figure, then wholesale them the bike. Unless its a Harley. I keep those and sell them.

They are both Harley sportsters.

When I worked at Nissan North in Worthington, I saw at least three bikes taken for trade against a car. Understand that you will probably not get the same trade value as you would if you were either trading in a car or trading at a bike dealership. Typically they just resell the bike to a bike dealer and you take the loss.

You will do better by selling your vehicles yourself.

Car dealers will give you little or nothing for your rides as they will or want to make money on the flip. Generally, but not always, you vehicles will be headed to auction and that involves another middleman.

Dealerships are not in business to be nice and they make little selling new cars. All the money is in used, parts and service.

Cash talks and the more you have in your wallet, the better deal you are likely to get.

This isn't exactly the best time of year to be selling bikes! In fact, the dealership that I work for took in a Harley late in the season last year, and I don't think they even have it listed for sale, it just sits in the other building. I'm guessing that when the weather starts to worm up, they'll have it out for sale with a nice big price on it! Can't fault them for doing so, either! They know how to make money!

How easy do the hard tops come off the wrangler unlimiteds? One person job? 2 or 3?

Two person minimum, three preferred. Then you have to put the damned thing somewhere.

The wife bought a jeep as her fun extra vehicle last summer. I pretty much hate it. I would much rather have a hardtop convertible.

I guess I was looking for recommendations on dealers that would do right by me. I HATE car shopping. I walked out of 3 or 4 dealerships last time and that was only dealing with one trade. I can only imagine 3 being w worse.

I also welcome advice concerning jeeps. Ive never been a jeep guy. I have been a truck guy for years. Truck sits yoo much. Looking at a full size suv to cover towing. Jeep seems like it would be nice for country drives with the top down. All year drivable. Probably wont off road it heavy.

They are worth what they are worth. Unless the dealership is going to try and retail them don't expect them to give you more than they are going to get. If you pm me the details, vin, would be easiest I can let you know the last auction sale prices on some comparable bikes

Yes my Eddie Bauer has quad buckets. It's very nice! I'm actually driving it :D

I would prefer the middle bench. Might talk to wifie though. She thinks it is premature to consider switching vehicles. We are planning to buy a camper this year and I would like a diesel to pull it. I rarely haul anything in the bed.

I know Ricart takes bike trades, don't expect you to not get hosed on them though.

What about cutting out the middle man and selling to a HD dealer? I would expect them to screw you too, but you might get a little more. Worth a try.

Took a break from here. Not sure I will be sticking around still. I will check the link out.

Last jeep i owned was a 78 lol it held out almost no wind lol.

Lol. Well I'm looking at the unlimited 4 door models so 06 and newer I think.its hard to find a manual transmission anymore. Thoughts manual transmissions would be more popilar in the jeep wranglers.