Upper 50's and 60's next Fri/Sat!?

smashweights

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I thought the weather channel was a rerun from October :D

Hopefully we'll be able to get a handful of miles in if the rain holds off Friday evening here, or maybe even Saturday morning for a bit

Anyone planning to ride Saturday? Looks to rain Thurs/Fri which should clear a lot of the salt off the roads too! I've always said: you can count on one riding day in January around here and it seems to be coming!

If no rain I'll be getting out for a little nothing to crazy plus I'll be on vtx

Don't know if it is worth the 2 hour ride with the 4hrs of cleaning that will be needed after.

Exactly. Probably take the bike out just to work it out a little and some light maintenance. Then back on the battery tender it goes.

How long do you guys wait in the Spring before you ride? 2 thunderstorms? 3 thunderstorms?

I got out today. Just a quick trip around the block. Not wet around here and all that precipitation we just had must have rinsed a lot of salt off. Hell, Thurs/Fr/Sat/Sun it wont even get down to freezing so if you're that worried you can always hose it down afterwards.

Edited by smashweights

How long do you guys wait in the Spring before you ride? 2 thunderstorms? 3 thunderstorms?

I got out today. Just a quick trip around the block. Not wet around here and all that precipitation we just had must have rinsed a lot of salt off. Hell, Thurs/Fr/Sat/Sun it wont even get down to freezing so if you're that worried you can always hose it down afterwards.

Depends on the winter, depends on the rain. I can usually tell by looking at the car after driving it around. If there is salt spray on it, then there will be on the bike too.

Depends on the winter, depends on the rain. I can usually tell by looking at the car after driving it around. If there is salt spray on it, then there will be on the bike too.

Yeah, but you can always just hose the bike down afterward, even if you don't give it a full wash.

when u have a new ducati in the kennel, no one can wait that long, wont blame you Smashweight :D , ride safe.

Haha, thanks. That's part of the reason. I actually considered just taking the R6 out, but I couldn't bear it. It was probably the most boring ride I've been on, but was still well worth it. I'll be leaving the cover off in case weather permits through the weekend.

Yep, wash the bike off after anyway if you can this time of the year.

The weather station said 90% chance of precip Fri, 30% Sat. Figure it still might change some by then. Hope its for the better. A nice ride would be greatly appreciated after being down off my feet for the last couple of weeks.

Yep, wash the bike off after anyway if you can this time of the year.

The weather station said 90% chance of precip Fri, 30% Sat. Figure it still might change some by then. Hope its for the better. A nice ride would be greatly appreciated after being down off my feet for the last couple of weeks.

It was said that we were going to have rain yesterday, not a drop hit the ground here. Hopefully they are wrong about the rain.