Did another 1 cent auction for a lower

8mmDale

I'm already seeing prices drop. Obama's plan was more diluted than anticipated and all of the panicked masses bought their $2000 ARs. Watch Armslist as the new in box ARs start hitting. They'll start out at around $1500, but they'll be $1200 by next week as the "holy shit, prices are dropping" panic sets in. Panic buyers are prone to panic selling. I anticipate $900 ARs by March. As for ammo, private sales will follow this trend as well, but retail will take a little longer to re-supply. All in all, the EOs had little teeth to them and congress is pretty unlikely to pass anything other than maybe a 10-round limit. These are my opinions, so I can't provide links. Sometimes I rely on life experience and education rather than Rush, Sean, Glenn, Bill, Piers, Fox, Huffington, et al.

I see prices dropping as well, but they are not back to normal. I agree with march assessment. However march isn't a week or two away. :) I suspect the first round of pmags that a arrive in stores will disappear. I know w when my dealer gets some in at normal price I will be picking more up just to have on hand. I look for lots of used/new previously owned Ar's on the shelves by summer. Ammo may take a while to normalize as far as supply. There are a lot of empty shelves to resupply. Glad I I didn't panic buy. :)

AR prices will probably be lower than pre panic even for new AR's. I saw that in 08/09. The flood of AR's for sale drove the market price down.

Edited by crb

I don't know if they will get back to normal prices any time soon. Pandoras box has been opened and they've realized people will still pay for it. People used to say gas prices will go back to normal. Now we've just raised what we think normal is.

I don't know if they will get back to normal prices any time soon. Pandoras box has been opened and they've realized people will still pay for it. People used to say gas prices will go back to normal. Now we've just raised what we think normal is.

Yeah, but that gas that was bought was burned up. These thousands and thousands of ar's are still sitting in their boxes not used, and when the next thing that catches the herds fancy comes along' they will be for sale.

Gas is a necessity, not a valid comparison

Also gas is consumable. Once you use gas its gone. However a firearm still has value after its been used. Gas also has a limited shelf life especially ethanol based gas.