A small wooden sign in town...

magley64

There is a small wooden sign on the main road going through my new hometown, it just says "austinburg.com".

I thought maybe this website would be some sort of information page regarding local businesses or festivals, perhaps a contact page for reaching local officials... no, none of those...

simply this

Austinburg Township Ohio

Warning Bikers with Illegal Exhausts!!

You are not welcome in Austinburg, OH.

You invade our Township and destroy the piece and tranquility

of our beautiful area.

We do not appreciate it one bit. You are nothing but little children with

rolling rattles.

Therefore, we are in the process of adopting ORC 4513.221. Once adopted law enforcement can issue citations that are iron clad. If your

noisemaker does not have a "factory installed or equivalent" exhausts

system installed you are illegal to be on the road.

Go make noise elsewhere.

cycle.01.jpg

www.calmusa.org

So... we should bury the tach and bounce off the limiter next to the sign in a show of civil disobedience?

Or I think a nice large group ride through the town with a banner that's says NOT WELCOME. Will suffice.

Is there a reason they hate bikes? Are the constantly dealing with straight-pipe bike trying to hit 130dB through their town?

pretty much...

I think it's more of a outspoken minority than a majority opinion.

it is one main corridor for southerners to hit GOTL which is "hey! look at me on my loud bike!" central...

Edited by magley64

I hate fags with loud pipes too. I LOLed at "You are nothing but little children with

rolling rattles." By "adopting the ORC" they must mean choosing to enforce it, which involves posting signs and stuff. Unless they have a cop sitting 50ft off the road with a sound level meter though this is pretty much unenforceable.

Unless they have a cop sitting 50ft off the road with a sound level meter though this is pretty much unenforceable.

supposedly under the calmusa initiative there isn't a specific decibel level, it goes by the manufacturers exhaust designation for road use on a specific bike.

I sounds like austinburg is going the same way as saybrook and plymouth. They feel they can tell you want you can and cant do.

I would like to see them make a noise ticket stick, I agree that it is mainly focused on the gotl traiffic, route 45 is too strait for sport bikes. If they were making money off the thunder idots they would look at it different. The main cops in austinburg are state patrol because of 90 and the fact that the office is right off 45.

No loud cars are not imune, I got pulled over right before flying J, 6 or 7 years ago in my gremlin with a v8 and duels. I was on my way to work and it was fall and cold, the car was on high idle and its fairly loud right off idle and a state tailed me all the way from 84 to the gas station and the lights came on. Got the normal where you going where you from and then he gave me a warring saying the exaust was too loud. I have never had any other problems in the almost 10 years the car has been on the road. So sadly i guess its nothing new. The noise level is the opionion of the officer but if you fight it they will do a test with a db meter to see if you are legal. Also I do know the noise allowance is more for bikes than cars.