IMS Cleveland

Howabusa

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went yesterday. I went to see the new Hypermotard but was disappointed to find that it was designed for little people. It was fun to look at all the other bikes, sit on a few, & speak with some of the booth attendants. I will be going again next year to see the new Super Duke 1290. It helps that the IX center is only a 10 minute drive for me.

if you've never been and need to kill an afternoon then yes. If you're going with the intention of getting a really good deal then not really. I was on the lookout for helmet deals since I'm technically due and the woman is definitely due and I didn't find many deals I couldn't find online all the time

I went yesterday. I went to see the new Hypermotard but was disappointed to find that it was designed for little people. It was fun to look at all the other bikes, sit on a few, & speak with some of the booth attendants. I will be going again next year to see the new Super Duke 1290. It helps that the IX center is only a 10 minute drive for me.

Yeah, I was really interested in the Hyperstrada. I am small by Human male standards, and even I thought the Hyper was cramped. I liked the KTM 990 SMT much better!

Yeah, I was really interested in the Hyperstrada. I am small by Human male standards, and even I thought the Hyper was cramped. I liked the KTM 990 SMT much better!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that - the ultra flat seat and tank with the weirdly short reach to the bars made the position really cramped, especially with my long monkey arms. Its too bad as the old hyper was about right for a big street motard.

On an unrelated note, I definitely want a Super Tenere.

Anyone else check out the girl in red behind the counter at the Ducati booth? Holy shit!

Went yesterday, didn't notice either one of them lol. Saw Magley at the Kawa booth rubbin' his junk on a ZX14s fuel tank. I did the same to a Yamaha S10 but don't think anyone saw me. Had a good time saw some cool bikes.

I haven't tried the new Hyper but I had the old one. New Hyper seems to have addressed many of the limitations of the older bike which is much more of a sport bike than an all rounder.

Hyper is a great bike with a one-of-a-kind riding position (front of the bike is not visible and it seems like your flying through the air) but it comes with a lot of limitations. Nothing major (cramped, seat, suspension for +190 riders, no good bag solution, wind screen,...) but added all up, it gets you looking for another ride.

Only issue with the SMT is the looks. Other than that, it is a brilliant bike in every way and probably comes as close to a single bike garage if there is one. Commute, tour, cruise, twisties and even fire roads are all arrows in its quiver. You can make similar statements about many bikes but the SMT does all those things really well. Though, do plan on removing the SAS crap and putting a pipe on it.

Edited by Revelstoker