Ohio assult ban

JaronsToy

She states " These 48 reasons teach us why it is important to ban weapons that increase the efficiency of killing humans.”

I would like to see the numbers on how many people were saved because they had a gun. I hear stories about how people were able to protect them selves more than i do about the death of the innocent.

I realize she is speaking of a type of gun, but once they take one they will take them all.

My. 02

One of the good things about being in Cincinnati. If Ohio gets stupid and actually considers something like this, I can move either five miles west or ten miles south and be out of it. And after that, I'll start looking for a job transfer to a state with more intelligent leaders so Ohio won't get a dime in tax money from me.

Yup, didn't take long.

I took a rough count of states that have introduced either a ban, or a prohibition of federal interference within the state. Going back to 2010.

18 state bills attempted a ban or modification to a current ban. Including one in California that attempted to regulate possession by law enforcement officers. NY, NY, NY, CA, CA, IL, IL, CT, NY, CT, NY, TX, CA, SC, FL, IL, IL, SC.

27 state bills attempted to exempt the state from federal regulation of intra state firearms. Including one that covered everything, one that developed intrastate ammunition manufacturing, and two that would develop firearm manufacturing moving into the state. OK, PA, OK, ME, VA, VA, TX, TX, WA, WA, WV, AL, IN, IA, WV, IA, IA, IA, IN, OK, NC, OK, WV, OR, SC, SC, OK, WV, MT, IA.

Not inclusive by any definition. I thought some states had already passed exemption of federal regulation. The majority of both pro and con do not become law.

Summary:

60% state action to prohibit federal interference. Especially WV, OK, IA.

40% state action to ban assault weapons. 2/3rds of that is NY, CA, & IL.

Some states go both ways. SC, TX.

edit: If NY, CA, and IL are ignored, it's 82% of the attempted state legislation wants no federal firearm interference.

Edited by ReconRat

She's a she, she's black, and she's from Cleveland.

Here is what she says:

“While we cannot stop every act of suffering inflicted upon the public by depraved individuals, I believe that it is our responsibility to limit access to unreasonably dangerous weapons and to hold each person accountable for their firearm purchases,” Smith said.

Now, remove "weapons" and "firearms", and replace both those words with DRUGS.

I guaranFUCKINtee DRUGS kill more black females in Cleveland and Cincinnati than guns do.

What about that!

There's a fucking idea.

Ban the God damn drugs!

In the grand scope of death in this country, guns don't hardly kill anybody.

Stupid bitch.

Our forefathers would have already started shooting...

• Upvote 2

I guaranFUCKINtee DRUGS kill more black females in Cleveland and Cincinnati than guns do.

In Cincinnati in 2007, the #1 cause of death in black females was....drum roll please.....

BLACK MEN!

True story, had to do a research paper for an Urban development class at UC my Victory Lap year and domestic violence was #1. When broken down stabbing I believe led the way with beating/suffocation #2 and firearms were #3 within the domestic violence label. The #2 cause was indeed drug related deaths which included overdoses or drug deals gone bad

• Upvote 2

In Cincinnati in 2007, the #1 cause of death in black females was....drum roll please.....

BLACK MEN!

True story, had to do a research paper for an Urban development class at UC my Victory Lap year and domestic violence was #1. When broken down stabbing I believe led the way with beating/suffocation #2 and firearms were #3 within the domestic violence label. The #2 cause was indeed drug related deaths which included overdoses or drug deals gone bad

That made me laugh more than it probably should've.
  • Upvote 1

That made me laugh more than it probably should've.

:D

I originally was in a 5 year program. In my sophomore year, I switched to a 4 year program and had I taken an extra heavy course schedule I could've been out in 4 but wasn't ready to leave the college life. So my 5th year I called the Victory Lap because I took the minimum amount of hours to stay full time and partied extra hard. By the end of that year I was finally ready to graduate and get a job, it was the 2nd best decision I ever made regarding my education

She's a she, she's black, and she's from Cleveland.

Here is what she says:

“While we cannot stop every act of suffering inflicted upon the public by depraved individuals, I believe that it is our responsibility to limit access to unreasonably dangerous weapons and to hold each person accountable for their firearm purchases,” Smith said.

Now, remove "weapons" and "firearms", and replace both those words with DRUGS.

What about that!

There's a fucking idea.

Ban the God damn drugs!

In the grand scope of death in this country, guns don't hardly kill anybody.

Stupid bitch.

Our forefathers would have already started shooting...

Big rep coming your way. ;)

I am so sick of ths crap, but I can see its coming. Its not going to take much more to get the ball rolling nationwide. Another mass shooting, maybe a elementary, a college, or someplace with lots of people.

Some meeting in San Fran where people are saying 'just one murder by gun is too many...'.....another where one of the councilman is a strong gun rights advocate even beginning to weaken his stance with such public outcry. States should have the power to decide for themselves, but in this day and age its a different beast. They do not. Political correctness, no fighting (back) in schools, paranoia or every little thing. And those crazy enough to think that getting rid of guns is the answer to all our problems. We are getting close to everything turning upside down. Think the Feds won't step in if a Federal agt is arrested and jailed for making someone comply to a Federal gun law? Just watch. It won't be pretty.