crf50 build/purchase questions

AWW$HEEET

Ok, so i may have landed an 08 crf50, and my immediate plans are the following:

Big bar kit

Heavier spring or shock assembly (undecided)

Something involving more power

Now, I have a potential lead on an 88cc bbr motor. Is there any pro going with the modified crf50 to 88cc engine, versus just splurging and buying a gpx/piranah/z/lifan type motor with around 150cc? Not sure those will even fit, but they say they mount to crf50/70 type motor mounts. I am not sure the direction of this bike, but it will probably be just for effing around. I may however put supermoto tires on it and try to take it to the track.

Also, without spilling the beans, what is a good price range on these things? It is completely stock, low hours.

Edited by AWW$HEEET

China replacement parts are not easily found, and the Honda motor is next to bulletproof.

My son has a couple of 110 pitbikes for sale if you're interested. Not sure on the particulars, but I could find out if you're interested.

May I ask why you're sold on the 50? for the $500 price range someone else posted, you could pick up an XR100 or CRF100.

There is a CRF100 (2007?) in Medina for $500. Needs a rear wheel, but its otherwise complete, and pretty clean.

You can spend a bunch on the big bore kits, but it will still be a modded 50, and slower than a 100...

Sold on the 50 because I can trade my handgun for it, easy to mod, easy to transport, etc.

I think my son is looking for a hand gun too! Let me know what you've got if you're interested in a Kawasaki pitbike.