Hocking hills weekend ride

o-no-moto

What weekend works best for you  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What weekend works best for you

Last year I was doing just the QS&L bike nights until Brandon (Dying Shadow) took me to Hocking Hills bike nights went out the window, if I could talk the wife to moving in that area I would go in a heartbeat.

I stay away from bike nights in general, unless people are meeting up there to go on a ride. I like to RIDE...and for me that doesn't entail cleaning my bike just so I can ride it up to QSL, park it, and drink. No offense to anyone that enjoys doing that....I would just rather chop it up with folks while we're topping off the tanks after carving up some corners, instead of looking at some old ass sun hag with saddle bags for skin, the tools on their sport bikes hitting the rev limiter and the assholes on their HD's/cruisers who think they're better than everyone else.

I stay away from bike nights in general, unless people are meeting up there to go on a ride. I like to RIDE...and for me that doesn't entail cleaning my bike just so I can ride it up to QSL, park it, and drink. No offense to anyone that enjoys doing that....I would just rather chop it up with folks while we're topping off the tanks after carving up some corners, instead of looking at some old ass sun hag with saddle bags for skin, the tools on their sport bikes hitting the rev limiter and the assholes on their HD's/cruisers who think they're better than everyone else.

I feel the same way at the time I had just got my bike and really didn't know anyone to ride with or this site for that matter and it did get boring after a few times. Now I would rather head out to 668 or Hocking.

Ok looks like its on, late April early May is best for me. Contacted campgrounds about cabins, not so warm welcome when I mentioned motorcycles. SOA has screwed the deal for people that really ride. lol Motel is fine by me, Dying Shadow & his crew ride down there alot maybe they know of a good place to stay. I'm only familiar with Nelsonville, Buechtel area.

Well if your looking for hotel/motel there is one right off 33 in logan thats a couple min ride to the fun roads. I had a friend stay there over the weekend, can't remember the name right now but there are a few others close by. Im game for anything.

I'm not interested in an overnight ride to HockingHills. I'd be down for an overnighter into WV' date=' though.

Hocking is cool, but not "let's make camp" cool. :dunno:

Not being a dick. Just putting my dos-centavos worth in the pot.[/quote']

This I understand, but I NEED time away from the wife..I mean umm crap I got nothing after that.

I agree with IP..I'm in for the ride. Not the overnight shenanigans.

Doubt there will be much in the way of shenanigans. If done correctly we will be to tired from riding but still pumped to get up early and do it again!

I just want to ride..now:cry:

• Upvote 1

I'm not interested in an overnight ride to HockingHills. I'd be down for an overnighter into WV' date=' though.

Hocking is cool, but not "let's make camp" cool. :dunno:

Not being a dick. Just putting my dos-centavos worth in the pot.[/quote']

Simpler for us westside OhioRiders to stay over and have it easier than try to commute both days.

I'm down with the hotel idea for the ease of it, fair priced compared to cabins/lodges, and most offer free breakfast too. Checking availability around Logan now

Ok. Then let's do a ride into WV. If we're going to stay overnight' date=' lets do some riding.[/quote']

I wouldn't be against it I plan on a lot of trips this year, My father and I are heading out to The Snake on the west coast as well as a few Gap trips.