ATV Trailer's

M_Quick

This is the only pic I can find of my trailer from when I de-rusted and painted the fenders, but you can tell how the e track is laid. I honestly only use the track on the outside even if I load the quads nose to tail. I dont use it for the street bikes unless I am using the chocks which isnt often.

IMG_0002_zps398664e4.jpg

This is the only pic I can find of my trailer from when I de-rusted and painted the fenders, but you can tell how the e track is laid. I honestly only use the track on the outside even if I load the quads nose to tail. I dont use it for the street bikes unless I am using the chocks which isnt often.

Thanks for picture, looks like it's screwed every 4th hole. And did you paint it. or was it black from the get go?

Your trailer looks just like mine Mick except mine is only 14ft, did you get it at Hill's Equipment?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

No, a place up north called buckeye trailer. And did your trailer shrink already?

http://www.ohioriders.net/showpost.php?p=979952&postcount=48

Tim,

This e-track stuff looks sweet. For your street bikes you can just get it in like 2' sections and add the wheel chock. I know it's expensive but real nice and fast to load.

but you can always buy these too, and put where ever.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200409163_200409163?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Trailers%20%2B%20Trailer%20Parts-_-Motorcycle%20Hauling%20Accessories-_-571648&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=571648&gclid=CIaDs6uLv7YCFVGf4AodQ08AiQ

My new trailer really dont have many option to hook a strap past, the tires. And the rear supports are blocked by the trailer wires. So I'm thinking I will run that e-track down both sides, in the center of each outside 2x. And screw it down with 1 1/4" S/S screws. Heres a picture of new atv hauler, back gate latch on this one is crap! Can't tell by the picture but it has a pull pin and clip. So 2 pieces per side that could hit the dirt and disappear! like this. http://www.brandsport.com/curt-f4p.html

trailer_zpsb5231c32.jpg

cant wait to see how badass looks on it very nice mick

Thanks for picture, looks like it's screwed every 4th hole. And did you paint it. or was it black from the get go?

I think the track was flat blacked by Midget Todd. Yeah, there is a screw about every 4th hole and its plenty strong. It was all done like that when I bought it. All I did was add the box and bearing buddies which have since coated the wheels in grease.

Received the E-track yesterday. Painted it with a few coats of cheap spray paint.

8d954db9-de36-4adc-9bd2-ce67e44f5b68_zpsf646216a.jpg

Then center'd it up and screwed it down with S/S screws.

Image04152013155701_zpsbbf018b2.jpg

Also order'd a lot of 20 Extra Heavy Duty Commercial Grade E Fittings with 1.75" O-Ring and locking spring. Used to secure nearly anything, rated at 6,600 LBS. Breaking Strength!

Image04152013155837_zpse8b746ba.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks good, but I hope that edge board on either side is secured to the frame pretty well.

Thanks! And I was kinda hoping the trailer manufacturer took care of that part. Might be a good idea to add a few more bolts thou. Looking at the track, I probably should of just center'd it. And left the gap at top and bottom of trailer. Instead of a gap between each piece, but I was thinking it would be better all the way at the end instead of 5-6" in.

• 3 months later...

Okay so after about the 1st time using this trailer I lost turn signals and brake lights to both sides I had running lights only. I checked all the fuses on the tow vehicle, they are fine. So I'm told by several to check the ground! I finally get around to looking at it, btw I'm no electrician lol. Looks like the white wire runs out of the harness and right to the break away  trailer brake battery? I test battery it's dead as can be! So this is most likely my lost ground right? I'm no sure what to do, 1st I know charge battery see if it holds, if not replace. Should I splice wire and run a separate ground to trailer frame? Any help would be appreciated....

Not sure why it would be ground at the battery, but I'm sure they has their reasons. Every trailer I've had was ground to the frame and the trailer was ground through the hitch. Make sure the hitch ball is rust free. Put a little grease on it and load a quad on the trailer, then check the lights.

No rust on ball it is new like the trailer. And the blue and white wire run right to the trailer battery. Old trailer I purchased at Rocks, the guy there grease the ball. I was never sure why but knew it made a mess when you rubbed against it. This trailer is a 2 5/16" ball, you can fell it clunk when you take off but it seams tight? 

They grease the ball to make a solid connection for chassis ground.

I've never had a trailer with brakes. I didn't know they used a battery to run them. The brakes on my camper don't have a battery. :dunno:

That trailer looks damn nice though. Before doing anything more than charging the battery, I'd put some weight on it and check the lights again. It's new isn't it?

Yes it's new, and the battery is there in case the trailer breaks away from tow vehicle. There's a steel cable you attach to the truck and if they separate it breaks the cable and apply s the brakes. Since  brakes are electric that's where the battery comes in. Some trailer brakes are ran off a surge system w/out  a battery. Do you have a trailer brake controller inside your truck? My old truck had one, and you could apply the trailer breaks inside the truck w/out touching the break pedal.

Edited by M_Quick

Eww shit, I was under the imprecision my Suburban had a controller too, since it had a tow package and 7 pin connector. I think the cheap ass battery that came with my trailer is junk. I put it on charge last night, and it still isn't looking good! So after I figure out the lights I guess I need a controller, and a battery.