ATV Trailer's

M_Quick

I'm looking at getting a new trailer. Best price I can find is from a place way up north!

Also needing to trade my 5x14 2010 trailer in at time of purchase. I wish Rocks wasn't so proud of there stuff!

Edited by M_Quick

Mine is 7' (84") wide which makes it easy to spin them sideways. wouldnt need one so long if you haul them sideways. Mine is 12' long and I can fit 3 quads on it with room to spare.

Also, buy used. Mine cost me half the price of the one in your link when you add in the gate and it was only a few years old.

Mine is 7' (84") wide which makes it easy to spin them sideways. wouldnt need one so long if you haul them sideways. Mine is 12' long and I can fit 3 quads on it with room to spare.

Also, buy used. Mine cost me half the price of the one in your link when you add in the gate and it was only a few years old.

Well keep a eye out for me on the used. And I don't know about room to spare on 12 ft. my quad is pretty much 45.9 wide my one buddy's king quad is 47.6 , and then try and fit that big ass renegade at 51" So I'd say 16ft is maybe over kill but would like a 6x14 at the least. Plus sometime I haul the kids stuff to WV. and then we look like this. I dont have the Red Scrambler no more but have 3 other's in its place. 200 cc and 2 90 cc for the kids. DSC_5790a.jpg

Hell i just need a welder and cut the sides off and re weld them even with deck, done! lol

1 inch??? more like way too much horse power lol

There is no hp limit that I'm aware of but there is a width restriction of 50".

OHV Trail Riding

This 75-mile trail system is designed primarily for ATV/OHMs. Loops of a variety of lengths offer riders many different lengths and a variety of challenges depending on the time they have available and their skill level.

Difficulty Level: Difficult

Staging Area: 8 trailheads for this system

Class of Vehicle: under 50 inches in width

Looks like I had wheel base and vehicle width criss crossed.... the gade is like 46 wide...

Edited by M_Quick

Well keep a eye out for me on the used. And I don't know about room to spare on 12 ft. my quad is pretty much 45.9 wide my one buddy's king quad is 47.6 , and then try and fit that big ass renegade at 51" So I'd say 16ft is maybe over kill but would like a 6x14 at the least. Plus sometime I haul the kids stuff to WV. and then we look like this. I dont have the Red Scrambler no more but have 3 other's in its place. 200 cc and 2 90 cc for the kids. DSC_5790a.jpg

Hell i just need a welder and cut the sides off and re weld them even with deck, done! lol

Mine are around 45" and we load them nose to tail and tight to each other (sideways opposing). Look for 7' wide. It makes things soo much easier to turn sideways. Well worth the drawbacks.

7x14 would fit 3 quads easily. With room on the sides for camping gear and a cooler at the back, although 6x would do it too.

I will keep an eye out. GLWS LBTS. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

THats the set up I have, mick. Don't think the e track is that expensive. There are several trailer supply places here in c bus that carry e track and rings. Rural King has that stuff also. There is one in Marion and circleville.

Use stainless screws.

Did you put your's on or was it on when you got it? I seen some using lock bolts every 4th hole, and then screws in the center of the bolts. Like a pattern of, bolt-skip-screw-skip-bolt-repeat! That may be over kill, but Idk. Is your's ran the entire length of trailer? I was thinking the kit with (6) 5ft pieces and put 3 on each side, spaced 6" in between. This was the cheapest I've found the stuff. A lot of places are $4.00 a foot, even Harbor freight is $3.40 a foot, and there's shows 1/10? deep? And review says not deep enough to except e-track fasteners! And there e-track rings were $3.99 each!

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-ft-horizontal-e-track-66726.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/e-track-ring-66728.html

we use etrack and the D ring fasteners. they were in the trailer when we bought it new. there are stainless steel screwed in and only every 16" or so. works great. we have 2 rows also one about waist height one shin height.

Damn! eBay it is!

I've seen it for like $2.00 per foot, but then they wax you on shipping. Do you think those tie down rings are strong enough? There rated 4k lbs breaking strength. But for another $16 I could get the ones rated at 6,600 lbs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Extra-Heavy-Duty-E-Track-Fittings-NHRA-Enclosed-Trailer-Rings-/271181343198?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f23aae9de

Kinda worried about the wood on my new trailer. I want to use steal dowels on the bottom of my motorcycle wheel chocks and just make them long enough where they dont need fastened from the bottom, basicly the straps on the bikes would hold the chocks down to the floor. But im worried with it being new that without the chocks in place the wood will shrink with age and the holes will not line up anymore. as far as tie downs im just going to use the rails and put some drings up the middle.

Tim,

This e-track stuff looks sweet. For your street bikes you can just get it in like 2' sections and add the wheel chock. I know it's expensive but real nice and fast to load.

but you can always buy these too, and put where ever.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200409163_200409163?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Trailers%20%2B%20Trailer%20Parts-_-Motorcycle%20Hauling%20Accessories-_-571648&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=571648&gclid=CIaDs6uLv7YCFVGf4AodQ08AiQ

My new trailer really dont have many option to hook a strap past, the tires. And the rear supports are blocked by the trailer wires. So I'm thinking I will run that e-track down both sides, in the center of each outside 2x. And screw it down with 1 1/4" S/S screws. Heres a picture of new atv hauler, back gate latch on this one is crap! Can't tell by the picture but it has a pull pin and clip. So 2 pieces per side that could hit the dirt and disappear! like this. http://www.brandsport.com/curt-f4p.html

trailer_zpsb5231c32.jpg