WTB: 2006+ 600 Sport Bike

abdecal

Sold my 250 and ready to upgrade.

Price Range: $4k to $6k.

If I really love it I will go higher.

No interest in anything larger than a 600. Will have this one for a long time so looking for a bike with low"ish" miles.

Color doesn't matter much because I will likely swap out the plastics with all white anyways so I can do some awesome decal art. New design every year :D

If you're really good at finding bikes help me out here. I'm not having much luck on CL searching. :(

Fair enough. My favorite practical 600 is the FZ6. The best looking 600 is the 2ndGen R6.

Can't argue with looks, believe me my wife tries to argue with me all the time and it doesn't work. I always like the how the R6 and the CBR looked. The CBR was my favorite bike when I was younger.

The FZ is pretty fugly.

Obviously I'm a little biased but I think the 675 is one of the better looking 600's you can get, and one of the best for street riding with a much more usable power band.

You can find 06-08 models in the $4-6k range all the time. Sold my 07 for 5500 last summer.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/3656886951.html

Looks like a decent deal esp with low miles since you can prolly get him down to mid 5k

the low mileage is nice but for an '07 I wouldn't give him more than 5k. Even then I'd probably try and get it for 4500-4700. For 6k you can find under 10k mile 09-10's

the low mileage is nice but for an '07 I wouldn't give him more than 5k. Even then I'd probably try and get it for 4500-4700. For 6k you can find under 10k mile 09-10's

I'd say 5K would be a decent price, but $4,500 would be awesome.

Even KBB only says $5,850 as a dealer price. Why do people think their bike is worth so much more than it really is?

Even KBB only says $5,850 as a dealer price. Why do people think their bike is worth so much more than it really is?

Because bikes are a "niche" market per se. Which is funny because thats exactly the thinking I use to be able to buy bikes cheap. I also don't buy bikes unless I know I can sell it 6-8 months later at a profit thus essentially making my riding season free

Because every person on Craigslist doesn't feel they are getting a deal unless they make you come down on the price by $500 or more. So, if you want to get what your bike is worth you have to list it high, and then the buyer can feel like they got a great deal when they bring you down off your price. Then everybody's happy.

Because every person on Craigslist doesn't feel they are getting a deal unless they make you come down on the price by $500 or more. So, if you want to get what your bike is worth you have to list it high, and then the buyer can feel like they got a great deal when they bring you down off your price. Then everybody's happy.

I guess Im not the average CL buyer. I will barely glance at an overpriced listing but will pay list if the price is right.

Funny thing is seems many CL ads list way beyond reasonable price. I especially like the 4 yr old bike listed for more than MSRP. :rolleyes:

As for the OP, I think 650 twins and similar make better street bikes and are usually cheaper the the super sports. But that is just my opinion.

Craig

I guess Im not the average CL buyer. I will barely glance at an overpriced listing but will pay list if the price is right.

ironically the best CL buy I ever made was from a guy that was so tired of low balls he overpriced it really bad, like $2k bad. I emailed him with interest in the bike because it was what I was looking for but not the price I wanted to pay and after exchanging a few emails I handed over exactly half of what his list price was in cash a few days later

Brian is right. 5k is decent and 4500 is or less is what I would pay. People will pay though. I couldnt believe what I got for mine :wtf: Problem is the 07-08 CBRs are pretty much the same as the 09-12 so why pay more for a new one? Helps keep the older bikes prices up.

My favorite 600 is the 2ndGen R6.

abdecal, if you decide you want to save some $$$ from your current price range, I've got a 2004 R6 that's up for grabs. I see you're in Dayton so you can swing by sometime to check it out in person. PM if interested.

Edited by smashweights