The EPIC Ohio Group Ride

NinjaDoc

He hung back with me and the injured rider...and stayed with him while I had to ride a good 15 miles or so to get cell service to call someone to take him to the hospital and get his bike. This took about 2 hrs maybe? We thought you guys n gals would be done or about done with the route so we headed back to the parking lot.

He took off back to IN soon after the first group got back.

Sorry everyone just wanted to update you on David...this is his fiance....He went to mount carmel east there all of an hour then sent him home with pain meds....he has to go to an orto doctor and have surgery on his color bone...It is broken! He is in alot of pain but for now gratefully he was not hurt that bad!

I didn't get to ride but I still had a great day.

It was good to meet everyone. That parking

lot sure got lonely fast after the last group

pulled out.

I think I still should have worn my helmet,

just to avoid the sunburn I got. :lol:

Edited by JackFlash

Home chillin with a beer! Had an awesome time! Didn't get to meet everyone, not that I'd remember anyway, but those I did meet, it was nice meeting ya! Now if I could just get a butt massage!

Nice to meet you Kent, great ride!

Sorry everyone just wanted to update you on David...this is his fiance....He went to mount carmel east there all of an hour then sent him home with pain meds....he has to go to an orto doctor and have surgery on his color bone...It is broken! He is in alot of pain but for now gratefully he was not hurt that bad!

Thanks for the update. Sucks about the surgery though.

Dude.. I was there. You didn't see me because I was all the way up front. I'm serious' date=' too. I am totally not typing this from my hotel in El Paso.

:([/quote']

Haha! I gotcha! Thought maybe I was doing drugs again or something!

I hope all goes well. I'm glad Dave's injury is fixable but I know that surgery is no fun at all.

Glad you remembered the directions home :) 216 came up quicker than I thought so hopefully you got enough of a ride in.

Seemed farther on the map :) It was OK though because we got a nice ride in on 216. Thanks for pointing it out though, I probably woulda kept following the group.

Hope he heals up quickly. I'm sure you know, but if he needs anything, we're here to help.

First off get well soon to those that had incidents today. Hope all that were in my group had a good time. Sorry for the one detour.Cool beans that your Father showed up Will. Was nice to see some old faces and meet some new peeps. ended up with 520 miles. Thanks to all for the effort put forth to pull this off.One more thing----I'm never sweeping for you squids on the Gold Wing again.

Oh wow. I'm glad to hear Dave is alright. I did not know he went down. Rest up and a speedy recovery.

Eric, sorry I missed you on the way out. Mike and I didn't get lost going back :D

Sorry about that, Joe - great meeting you and Mike, even if we did get lost for a bit.

We had a rider go down early on the route so Inyazz (sp) and I stayed behind to help him out. After we got him taken care of and got back to Logan, it was a bit late so I took off for home.

Headed to Athens and took a loop of town to see if it's still a shithole (it is) and then tokk 56 West to London, Ohio and then jumped on I-70 for the blast home.

722 miles later, I got home at 9:15 last night. Quick shower and out for Cinco De Mayo festivities at the local Mexican restaurant.

Great to meet those that I had time to talk to - will do it again!

Hey Inya, what happened to the guy one the bimmer? Did he hang back with the injured?
He hung back with me and the injured rider...and stayed with him while I had to ride a good 15 miles or so to get cell service to call someone to take him to the hospital and get his bike. This took about 2 hrs maybe? We thought you guys n gals would be done or about done with the route so we headed back to the parking lot.

He took off back to IN soon after the first group got back.

That was me on the BMW. Sorry I took a knife to a gun fight - I'll bring one of the Duc's on the next ride. The BMW just can't hang with sport bikes all that well.

Nice hangin' with Inya though. We almost got taken out 6-7 times by crazy assed Logan car drivers on our way back. Freakin' amazing.:eek:

I took a few pics and will post them on the pic thread.

Eric

Did anyone else notice some "debris" in the road on the first leg of the trip... was that a snake? or was I just seeing things?

It definitely was a snake. I saw it smushed in the middle of the road.

That was me on the BMW. Sorry I took a knife to a gun fight - I'll bring one of the Duc's on the next ride. The BMW just can't hang with sport bikes all that well.

Nice hangin' with Inya though. We almost got taken out 6-7 times by crazy assed Logan car drivers on our way back. Freakin' amazing.:eek:

I took a few pics and will post them on the pic thread.

Eric

Thanks for staying back to help out. Hopefully next time will be crash free.