The EPIC Ohio Group Ride

NinjaDoc

Good to hear man. Glad I didn't bore you guys with the "medium slow" pace we were running.

Nope, it was the exact pace I wanted to go yesterday for a first group ride of the season. Just glad there were some other people who wanted to break off, I was getting a bit throttle happy in the slow group haha.

Nope it is not enough time Jack "trust me", math and calculations rarely work in group rides. :) Speeds are not consistent nor is traffic, plus any other obstacles or situations that may occur.

Especially if you get lost while leaving town and end up BEHIND the SLOW group. :D

• Upvote 1

I am not a schedule kind of guy, proof was the nice long break I gave everybody at a school parking lot "pretty sure they appreciated it". There were porta-pots and it gave a smoke break, snack break and an ass break for everybody. I also think it is important to allow everybody some time to mingle and get to know eachother off the bike. Expect the unexpected in group rides, you just only hope that the unexpected is a good thing. When I take long trips it is of the up most importance, that who I go with or who goes with me is very like minded and likes to wing it and roll with it as far as schedules go and places to go. I am in for the total experience on a trip, so I will stop when I need to stop and I will stop when I see something interesting to see or do. At my Laborday rally we typically have 3 groups of up to 10 heading out, now granted we usually run a different route per group, or stagger the leaving time by about 10 to 15 minutes on the same route. I will make a tentative timeline for when dinner will be, and groups are free to roll in before or after that. If the group wants to stop for lunch we will stop for lunch, otherwise snacks and fluids are a good thing to pack. Anyways.....with this large of a group I think we did pretty darn good all things considered, and we can learn from each gathering and make adjustments as needed or as experienced. :cool: Wish I could've hung out with everybody afterwards that camped, I am sure that was a good time.

Pokey,

You did an excellent job leading our group. The pace was spirited but reasonable, the stops were well timed and spot on. As a result our group had a chance to mingle and get to know one another. My Sprint ST 1050 (Trident pipes) howled out on the road. It was a hoot and a blast.

Much appreciated!

Hey guys. That was no doubt the Ohio Riders that my buddy and I saw Sat. We were in somewhat the same area and saw several large groups buzz by.

I was on the blue SV650 with hard bags, my buddy on the silver Busa.

The first group flew by and most of you waved. It was cool to see that many bikes moving at a decent pace!

I remember seeing you two and thinking that you were part of our crew and were backtracking for some reason.

Pokey was perfect with everything, aside from our tiny little reroute around town :D still, no harm no foul. We did fly low now and then, which helped escalate the enjoyment factor and my bike's engine temp thanked you for those quick blasts of cool country air. I'd be your wingman any day. We'll surely try to make it out for your BBQ overnighter. You be a good peoples. And although we only chatted very briefly right before you left, was a good convo all the same. Lookin' forward to another soon

Pokey,

You did an excellent job leading our group. The pace was spirited but reasonable, the stops were well timed and spot on. As a result our group had a chance to mingle and get to know one another. My Sprint ST 1050 (Trident pipes) howled out on the road. It was a hoot and a blast.

Much appreciated!

^^^This, think I met more fellas at the school parkinglot break than I did at the meet spot. Great group of riders. Loved the triple undertail exhaust Rob, good lookin' machine

Especially if you get lost while leaving town and end up BEHIND the SLOW group. :D

LOL.....yeah I got turned around even with my GPS, I was so excited to get riding I went the wrong way!!!!! :crazy:

Our "d"tour had me all screwed up and I lost all sense of direction when we left town, but anticipating the excitement ahead put all cares out of my head :D

What's ( probably commonly ) odd is that after meeting several riders, I have a completely different outlook on their posts here. Once there's a face and a character to the screen names, the whole game changes a bit. Puts things in a friendlier light since there's more of an insight to who's who

Edited by Hellmutt

Pokey was perfect with everything, aside from our tiny little reroute around town :D still, no harm no foul. We did fly low now and then, which helped escalate the enjoyment factor and my bike's engine temp thanked you for those quick blasts of cool country air. I'd be your wingman any day. We'll surely try to make it out for your BBQ overnighter. You be a good peoples. And although we only chatted very briefly right before you left, was a good convo all the same. Lookin' forward to another soon

Glad you had fun cause I did too, and those big Kawa bikes need to get out and breathe in the open air a bit. :D Hope you and the boss can make it out for the Laborday weekend bash, we have a great time all weekend. I liked that route we did Sat allot, I would add a bit more to it for a good route option at the gathering. We love to hit Marietta, those roads down there just give me a woody. We need to hookup on some weekend rides, and I will let ya take the C14 out and see what ya think. I enjoyed our short conversation as well, next time we can hopefully chew the fat a bit more.

Glad you had fun cause I did too, and those big Kawa bikes need to get out and breathe in the open air a bit. :D Hope you and the boss can make it out for the Laborday weekend bash, we have a great time all weekend. I liked that route we did Sat allot, I would add a bit more to it for a good route option at the gathering. We love to hit Marietta, those roads down there just give me a woody. We need to hookup on some weekend rides, and I will let ya take the C14 out and see what ya think. I enjoyed our short conversation as well, next time we can hopefully chew the fat a bit more.

Yes sir....these big lunged, long legged ladies need to sprint once in a while :D

We'll definitely keep our eyes peeled in the events section for your LaborDay blast.....sounds like a great time and we are loving that side of the state more and more each year.

If it's something we can commit to, I'll try and coerce some SW folks to join us!

Would surely enjoy more convo with ya, as well as meet some more good riders out there

^^^This, think I met more fellas at the school parkinglot break than I did at the meet spot. Great group of riders. Loved the triple undertail exhaust Rob, good lookin' machine

Hellmutt,

Thanks for that. I have lost track of the aftermarket parts on my Sprint St 1050. The bike was running awesome Saturday. Still thinking about what a great day it was. Got to see my son Hailwood and ride with a great group. Doesn't get much better than that!

Rob