It's coming??? Spring looks to be coming up!

smashweights

I got 300 miles in on the Monster before she got covered up... I feel your pain.

That's about what i racked up on the 1098 before this arctic tundra descended upon Ohio. Damn, i want to ride.

There's a reason so many normal ppl buy bikes at the beginning of the season....

March 16 is one of the target dates. The last day of average low temperatures at or below freezing.

Which means after that day, more than half of all mornings should be above freezing.

edit: rough look, I see I can start riding March 7th, but will still have to skip a few freezing days.

edit again: the second and third week of March appear to be cold in the mornings. Cold enough to snow/freeze.

So basically the 7th through the 11th look nice, but it gets cold again after that for two weeks.

Edited by ReconRat

March 16 is one of the target dates. The last day of average low temperatures at or below freezing.

Which means after that day, more than half of all mornings should be above freezing.

edit: rough look, I see I can start riding March 7th, but will still have to skip a few freezing days.

edit again: the second and third week of March appear to be cold in the mornings. Cold enough to snow/freeze.

So basically the 7th through the 11th look nice, but it gets cold again after that for two weeks.

Around the 22nd looks promising. I am targeting that for the first dragon run.

No word on the amount of snow for here (tues night into weds morn) but it is listed as "Heavy Snow"... I want to ride my bike, but I have a strong preference for staying vertical.

They are calling for up to 4-8 inches north of I-70 and it may swing south into the Columbus area but as of now we are just forecast for sleet.

My hope is to rotate the car to the back of the garage Thursday. And ride nearly exclusively after that.

As long as the roads are either dry or above freezing, I will be riding. :D

If weather looks good at the end of the month I may have to plan a trip while the wife is out of town :banana:

Craig

So what about the 4-8" of snow they are calling for tomorrow?

Thats why Im not getting the bike out until Thursday :D

At least around here the roads should be clear and probably dry by then.

I understand those southern towns dont deal with snow quite as well. :D

Craig

Thats why Im not getting the bike out until Thursday :D

At least around here the roads should be clear and probably dry by then.

I understand those southern towns dont deal with snow quite as well. :D

Craig

Takes them way too damn long. And what the hell is up with these flashy flashy "HEY LOOK AT ME" salt trucks this year?

Projected 56 degrees and NICE on Sunday when I'm off work. Don't leave me hanging, nature!