Finally bought a new truck

chevysoldier

2008 Toyota Tundra. One owner, old guy that babied it, 4WD, 4D, 50k miles, tow package, 5.7L. I stopped by to check out some Tacomas but they had just gotten it on trade that day. It's getting detailed today and I pick up this afternoon. Can't wait! I'll post better pictures later.

2013-03-13_21-37-37_863.jpg

Edited by chevysoldier

So now you have to change your screenname...

"ToySoldier"??

BTW, I love the Tundra's. Tried to get the wife to give up her Avalanche last winter for a Tundra. No go... still have the Av. Its a good truck. Its a good thing that she doesn't like car payments.

Nice! I love these things... Definitely have a soft spot for full size Toyotas... Never catch me in a Tacoma though haha.... It's no powerstroke or cummins, but im pretty jealous!

As far as half ton trucks go... I think this would be my first pick... Diehard ford guy but not totally in love with new f150s

Edited by Steve Butters

Congratulations!

Here's a gift for you...

http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/2010/12/22/tundra-vsc-shut-off/

Enjoy!

My F-150 has a similar traction control feature and it is such a PITA it completely defeats the purpose of having a RWD vehicle with lots of HP. But, the Ford bypass is a simple press of a button and you can have all of the fun you should have in it a V-8 truck and the 302 is a LOT of fun.

My F-150 has a similar traction control feature and it is such a PITA it completely defeats the purpose of having a RWD vehicle with lots of HP. But, the Ford bypass is a simple press of a button and you can have all of the fun you should have in it a V-8 truck and the 302 is a LOT of fun.

The 5.7 Tudras haul ass! Offroad, snow and "spirited" onroad driving are hampered by its electronic safety features. Knowing the disable procedure is a must.

• Upvote 1

Good choice, Tundra's are overbuilt.com when it comes to the competition. I got one for a few days on loan while my Tacoma was being being delivered/prepped, big powerhouse and beasty at almost 400 horsies. Congrats!

Thanks everyone. I read the manual last night and saw the traction button right before I read that link. Good to know how it works. I'm in love with this truck. So much power, options, drives awesome. The assisted tailgate is sweet. Anyone who's dropped one before knows how much that sucks. I need to get some pictures posted on here before it gets to dirty.

Calling them back Monday to get some floor mats and schedule to have it de-smoked. The previous owner smoked like a chimney in it but it's all in perfect shape. no wear or tears, just one tiny dent in the back bumper.

glad I went with a Tundra over a Tacoma, she's a bad ass.