Uh oh... New Droid Software Downloading

JohnG

Looks like my Razr Max is ready to download Jelly Bean. I've noticed over the last couple days that the phone was really acting goofy and I went to check updates. Took me directly to the upload for Jelly Bean.

Anybody have experiences to relate? Notice any big differences - operating or appearance?

It's been uploading for about 15 minutes now. Running on the wireless here at work and the phone is getting pretty warm...

if you have Verizon you're probably going to 4.1.2, BUT not all features, namely premium suite, will be installed.

Thanks, Verizon...:nono:

update's no big deal. Three~ish minutes, bounce, ready to go.

if you have Verizon you're probably going to 4.1.2, BUT not all features, namely premium suite, will be installed.

Hmmm... Well, I'm only at 39% and it's been running for 45 minutes so far :wtf:

It is 4.1.2.... what is missing as far as features??

There are some GUI differences.....buttons during calls are different, new icons, etc. I don't know exactly what's been left out but I'm getting used to the changes.

I did have to fix my root access after the update, so be aware that this update WILL remove any root you might have done. I had Voodoo Root Keeper installed already, so one click and I was back to rooted again. :D

Wow... Finally done. 2 1/2 hours to get from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2

Seeing some differences and lost my weather widget, but don't have too much time to play with it. Notices definite differences in the way Google Talk runs and the way things like the Gallery display.

I had Voodoo Root Keeper installed already, so one click and I was back to rooted again. :D

Wasn't sure I wanted to fuck with my OS on this since it was a new device for me (ex-Blackberry hack). What advantages did you find rooting your droid?

Google Now and Project Butter are among the main upgrades of Jelly Bean. Project Butter is their attempt at making the UI as fluent as iOS. (Since Droid's always been more 'stuttery,' even though it's always been just as 'fast' processing-wise.)

Jelly Bean is the best thing since Froyo!

Wasn't sure I wanted to fuck with my OS on this since it was a new device for me (ex-Blackberry hack). What advantages did you find rooting your droid?

Yes, being able to unlock the provided hotspot app...backups...VNC tools...there's a lot of reasons to do it.

I didn't even know an update was available until I saw this thread. I didn't even think the Razr Maxx would get Jellybean.

All Razr devices can support future versions of Android...for how long will be the question.

All Razr devices can support future versions of Android...for how long will be the question.

Yeah I know but I read a lot of skepticism when the Maxx came out and people weren't sure if it'd be officially pushed to the Razr Maxx or not, although you can usually put any version on your droid phones if you scour the forums. And I just downloaded the update and tried to install it but it told me it failed so I'll see if I can get it a second time around or not.

I didn't even know an update was available until I saw this thread. I didn't even think the Razr Maxx would get Jellybean.

You're welcome! And, I could use some rep... :D (selfish plug here) :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

You're welcome! And, I could use some rep... :D (selfish plug here) :rolleyes:

So tempted to show you some rep for this (negative that is.) :nono:

My EVO LTE got JB a LONG time ago. I noticed VERY little different.

For those of us that have Sprint, Foxfi does not work any more. They figured out how to block it. I've kept my phone stock - no root since I got it (shortly after it came out) but I'm seriously thinking about doing it now. I actually tried the Sprint Hotspot app, but it doesn't seem to work well. Off to xda-delvelopers I go!