2007 Daytona 675 North Olmsted

ludwb675

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on doing some track days. Just novice stuff, no racing. Need the gear first and a way to get the bike there. My car can't tow. A guy I work with tracks so I'm going to try to tag along with him when possible. He has a 3 bike trailer.

I plan on doing some track days. Just novice stuff, no racing. Need the gear first and a way to get the bike there. My car can't tow. A guy I work with tracks so I'm going to try to tag along with him when possible. He has a 3 bike trailer.

I don't know you size but here's soke nice gear for sale here on the site. I know a nice track suit that apach8 (sp) madcat has some nice gloves for sale I have a boots there may still be a back protecter for sale. If not I have one I can let go

I've been looking some on the classifieds, but I don't really know my size.

5'-9.5"

135-140lb

10.5-11 shoe size

I've been meaning to make a trip to iron pony to try stuff on and figure out all my sizes.

Edited by ludwb675

Hey dont forget about me..lol ..Your probably within minutes of me..Ive never hit a cirle track though it would be fun, Or do you mean like a quarter mile track like norwalk?

You maybe somewhere in a 54/44 and 44 in boots. Get with some of the hom...errr fellas up near you and try on some sizes to make sure just don't trust the r1crusher guy he is pure homo

And you love me my little closet pet.

:D

Hey dont forget about me..lol ..Your probably within minutes of me..Ive never hit a cirle track though it would be fun, Or do you mean like a quarter mile track like norwalk?

If by circle you mean a road course then that is what we do. Anyone can go in a straight line.

:lol:

I plan on going to the Moto Series stuff at Nelson and Mid Ohio. I just need someone to haul my ass there. A guy i work with tracks so i'm hoping to ride with him.

Arlis77 - you have a trailer?

I dont have my own, But my buddy will let me use his trailer anytime I need it. It can fit 2 easy..maybe 3 not really sure though it would be very snugged and close fit if so..I'll ask him if he thinks it could fit 3 on it.

Edited by arlis77

Welcome! In near to you as well, in Fairview.

I'm usually out riding with friends when the weather cooperates and we'd welcome new riders too.

I'm usually at the track and meet up with R1Crusher and RVTpilot when they go too. You won't have any trouble hitching a ride, somebody usually has room. Just be prepared to cuddle and give HJ's.

Thanks all.

I just found out my xB can tow 1100lbs (just not in the US). It's rated overseas for that much. I'm assuming it's all the US laws and liability claims that prevent them from putting a rating on it.

Now i just need to find a trailer. Looking for a 4x8 or 5x8 flat trailer.

Thanks all.

I just found out my xB can tow 1100lbs (just not in the US). It's rated overseas for that much. I'm assuming it's all the US laws and liability claims that prevent them from putting a rating on it.

Now i just need to find a trailer. Looking for a 4x8 or 5x8 flat trailer.

Im sure its legal, it just may void the warrantee, I know my Mazda 3 is able to tow something like 1200lbs in Europe but my manual says no towing. I tow my bike on a HF trailer with no problems, might even tow 2 bikes on it down to Hocking Hills. Just load it evenly and you shouldn't have a problem. I can lift the tongue of mine with the bike loaded and move it around, thats how I know how much weight is on the tongue.

And if your dealer ever questions why there is a trailer hitch, its for a "bike rack" :D

And if your dealer ever questions why there is a trailer hitch, its for a "bike rack" :D

My thoughts exactly. :D

Anyone know a local place that sells trailers? The internet is worthless.

Edited by ludwb675

My thoughts exactly. :D

Anyone know a local place that sells trailers? The internet is worthless.

Harbor Freight, do a search on here and you will find a couple builds. Ends up being around $325 for all the parts to build one using the 20% off coupon found in sport rider magazine on the trailer and the $50 wheel chock for $25 coupon. Its a solid little trailer too that doesnt weigh a ton, maybe 300lbs at most so you car should have no problem with it.

Edit: I found my thread from last spring http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=92357&highlight=harbor+freight

Edited by JStump