WTB: Cheap camper

max power

Looking for a decent camper to park at Wayne for the year. Doesn't have to be pretty, but does need to be solid.

Here are the requirements:

- $2500 or less

- sleep at least 4 comfortably.

- no roof leaks

- securable. Working locks

- preferably working heat/AC. (I do have a window unit if a/c doesn't work and camper is dirty cheap.)

- electrical system is in working order.

- prefer working fridge.

- NO POP UPS

If you bubbys know of a unit that fits these requirements, please let me know.

Edited by max power
No pop ups

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the build quality on the FEMA's? I've read mixed reviews on them.

And do they include the water tanks (gray and black)?

Honestly, TC, you'd be surprised what you'll find on CL if you're looking for a bumper pull RV trailer in your price range.

LOL Casper!

Yeah the Femas are built like tanks, rarely have any holding tanks, some are propane/elec, some are just elec. etc. I know there are several dealers around OH, and I know of 1 by MT specifically. These are heavy duty trailers, most weigh more than the same sized TT in a non Fema make, but that's def not a bad thing, just means they will last.

I looked at a ton of these and the costs to make them camping worthy is minimal, plus they have HUGE bathrooms and bed rooms. Definitely a wise way to go. If I were able to get some good hunting land or just vaca land like Meigs County etc, I would put one of these on there with a simple electric hookup and be done. I wouldn't build anything as the costs wouldn't be close.

And I have yet to see one of these leak at all, the local dealer in Cbus is less than 5 miles from my house and sometimes I stop in to see what their inventory is of TH's and 5ers, and just check a few of these out. Mom keeps saying she wants one and some land in the U.P. to leave it at, we are all game.

How's the build quality on the FEMA's? I've read mixed reviews on them.

And do they include the water tanks (gray and black)?

Honestly, TC, you'd be surprised what you'll find on CL if you're looking for a bumper pull RV trailer in your price range.

LOL Casper!

Yeah the Femas are built like tanks, rarely have any holding tanks, some are propane/elec, some are just elec. etc. I know there are several dealers around OH, and I know of 1 by MT specifically. These are heavy duty trailers, most weigh more than the same sized TT in a non Fema make, but that's def not a bad thing, just means they will last.

I looked at a ton of these and the costs to make them camping worthy is minimal, plus they have HUGE bathrooms and bed rooms. Definitely a wise way to go. If I were able to get some good hunting land or just vaca land like Meigs County etc, I would put one of these on there with a simple electric hookup and be done. I wouldn't build anything as the costs wouldn't be close.

And I have yet to see one of these leak at all, the local dealer in Cbus is less than 5 miles from my house and sometimes I stop in to see what their inventory is of TH's and 5ers, and just check a few of these out. Mom keeps saying she wants one and some land in the U.P. to leave it at, we are all game.

Question answered.

Yes they are built heavier and stronger than a normal TT. They also have a bigger bathroom as stated plus a full size fridge and stove. They are also cheaper because they are surplus and they lack a few things standard TT's have such as awning, holding tanks and a water pump. All those things are omitted because FEMA trailers were put in parks. They can be easily added on if wanted. FEMA trailers are usually thousands less than the same size TT and IMO better value and better set up. I have a 32' I use at MidOhio when I work weekends there and it is excellent.

Question answered.

Yes they are built heavier and stronger than a normal TT. They also have a bigger bathroom as stated plus a full size fridge and stove. They are also cheaper because they are surplus and they lack a few things standard TT's have such as awning, holding tanks and a water pump. All those things are omitted because FEMA trailers were put in parks. They can be easily added on if wanted. FEMA trailers are usually thousands less than the same size TT and IMO better value and better set up. I have a 32' I use at MidOhio when I work weekends there and it is excellent.

Totally agreed, price is ALWAYS right on these. LOVE the bathroom, and if we ever did get land, like I said, would absolutely get one of these.