Less than a month! MotoSeries Round 1, Nelson Ledges May 3-5

TRMN8TR

Does anyone want/need 2 Nice Raxx this weekend? I am not set on putting a bunch of holes in the garage of the new rig and have a truck bed anyways.

60 for both sound fair? I will have them with me at Nelson this weekend. If someone wants them that is only there tonight, give someone 60 and I will give them the Nice Raxx.

I doubt I'll be there tonight. Got a lot done last night, fairings all mounted and most of the safety wiring done but got a few more bolts to do. Ran out of drill bits, lol.

Still have to do an oil change and coolant flush on jbot's bike, and get the rest of his fairings mounted.

That sucks, but just saves your anus up for all the stuffing it's going to get tomorrow night. You still able to bring a grill?

Yes I can bring it, thanks for reminding me. It just ran out of propane last week so I have to go swap tanks. I'll add it to the growing list of shit that still needs done tonight.

My grass looks like a freaking jungle, I've been out of town all week and my mower is broke to top it off. So I'm "that guy" bringing down home values in the neighborhood. :D But I got more important stuff to do tonight to be ready!

Ya my starter died and the only place in town that would stock such a part didn't have it. Just going to pay someone to mow it for a week or 2 so I can order one online and get it fixed.

Off topic. I'll be arriving tomorrow around 7ish. 3 guys from work are coming too. They have been doing motoseries/trackdays for awhile now. I'm the only newb. I'll be parking with them but i welcome all advice and HJ's.

I wouldn't mind someone looking at my suspension set-up though. I set it to the soft settings per the manual. I also tried to get the sag around 1-1.5. But doing so pretty much backed the spring all the way off. Only couple threads showing. I need to get a new spring for my weight; 137 without gear.

Off topic. I'll be arriving tomorrow around 7ish. 3 guys from work are coming too. They have been doing motoseries/trackdays for awhile now. I'm the only newb. I'll be parking with them but i welcome all advice and HJ's.

I wouldn't mind someone looking at my suspension set-up though. I set it to the soft settings per the manual. I also tried to get the sag around 1-1.5. But doing so pretty much backed the spring all the way off. Only couple threads showing. I need to get a new spring for my weight; 137 without gear.

You set the sag to 1-1.5 what? Inches? I'm not a suspension guru but I think that is probably close, usually I've heard of setting it to 35-40 mm which is about 1-1.5 inches.

The spring for the rear shock on the 675 is pretty stiff. You are correct, a new spring would probably help you out. Have you dropped the front forks flush with the triple clamp? If not, bring your bike over Saturday and we can take a look at it. It greatly improves mid-corner stability with a slight sacrifice on turn in. The 675 has pretty quick turn in to begin with though, and I would highly suggest doing it.

Yea 2 up. I seen mid o did it alot. I think it would be cool to get the wife out

If you have a seat and passenger pegs you can take her out at lunch if they do the "parade laps" she just has to have a helmet and preferably jacket/gloves/jeans at minimum. It's a slow pace but at least she could get out there and see the track. I've taken my gf around on the scooter at lunch.

If she whent with someone i was going to have her wear my gear

Oh gotcha. I'll take her for a "ride" at lunch. ;) You're gonna want to go have lunch somewhere while this happens though, it'll be boring for you to stay and watch.

First day done. Finished off the old tire and made a newb tire warmer mistake. There's only 3 that you can make. 1. Leave them on and burn them up which I can't do with the new gen woodcrafts. 2. Leave them on the bike and hit the track, nope it wasn't that one. 3. Start the bike while troubleshooting a QS issue and dropping it in gear, BINGO! So lesson learned, when warmers are on bike is always off. Was able to get them repaired enough at home to make them work. Will send them back to Woodcraft to get it fixed the right way.

So, I will be at the track early tomorrow to get a new rear put on and take race school. Didn't get to softening up the suspension for Nelsons so maybe I can get Cox to work it for me as my pit bitch.