Looking for a good place in Columbus

silentcropduster

I need an oil change, new sprockets and a chain, I also need my valves checked. A friend of mine is going to do it for $350 (as long as the valves do not need adjusting) but he's an hour and a half away.

I called Motorcycle Maxx & all they try to get me to do is buy their "tier 3 service plan" bullshit. They really make me feel as if thou they are rip off's just by the convo I had w the guy on the phone.

I told him all i wanted done (just the above) and he keeps talking about some fucking service plan bullshit. It's almost like they want me to pay out the ass to get other things checked that dont need it. He actually never told me a price.

Does anybody know of anywhere else in cbus that's trustworthy?

Edited by thomas_cory2000

If I wasn't in the process of packing for a upcoming move I'd help ya do your oil,sprocket and chain. I don't know how to check valves tho so ur on your own. But if ya don't get no one by next month I gotcha. I'll be living south of grove city by then tho so if ya want ya can come over I gots the tools

$350 for that work is not a friend!! I agree with the others, If Hobs is out then talk to Joe at Pegram. they are good people over there and have done a ton a work for me.

Motorcycle Maxx was going to charge way more then that, but I gotcha. I already PM'd both of the above mentioned people, just waiting on a response.

I want to make sure b4 I busy these parts that they fit. I'm pretty positive, but would like a 2nd set of eyes to take a look:

Chain Type: 525

Length: 110

Front Sprocket: 15T

Rear Sprocket: 45T

(these are all stock sizes correct?)

DiD X ring chain: $106.00, length 110, chain type 525, comes with connecting link, is this correct?

http://www.amazon.com/DID-525VX-120-X-Ring-Chain-Connecting/dp/B006O85YPI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3Q4XO3VNRL250&coliid=I3BJYL5AU7UMYV

SunStar525 Steel Rear Sprocket 45T - 2-438345, $61.02, is this correct?

http://www.amazon.com/Sunstar-525-Steel-Rear-Sprocket/dp/B000WP8V9A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3Q4XO3VNRL250&coliid=IPE6FS88GXF2B

SunStar Front Countershaft $17.72, 40415 15-Teeth 525 Chain Size, is this correct?

http://www.amazon.com/Sunstar-40415-15-Teeth-Countershaft-Sprocket/dp/B004ZK0H5O/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3Q4XO3VNRL250&coliid=I3LEF1BOG1KD81

K&N KN-138 Powersports High Performance Oil Filter. $10.69, will this one fit ?

http://www.amazon.com/KN-138-Powersports-High-Performance-Filter/dp/B000E2CVDI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3Q4XO3VNRL250&coliid=I3ETZKXUVUVJ2O

Oil - Mobil 1 4T racing oil 10w-40 (recommended by Hoblick, already purchased)

If I have anything wrong, please feel free to let me know ASAP!

I want to make sure b4 I busy these parts that they fit. I'm pretty positive, but would like a 2nd set of eyes to take a look:

Chain Type: 525

Length: 110

Front Sprocket: 15T

Rear Sprocket: 45T

(these are all stock sizes correct?)

DiD X ring chain: $106.00, length 110, chain type 525, comes with connecting link, is this correct?

DID 525VX-120 X-Ring Chain with Connecting Link : Amazon.com : Automotive

SunStar525 Steel Rear Sprocket 45T - 2-438345, $61.02, is this correct?

Sunstar 525 Steel Rear Sprocket 45T - 2-438345 : Amazon.com : Automotive

SunStar Front Countershaft $17.72, 40415 15-Teeth 525 Chain Size, is this correct?

Sunstar 40415 15-Teeth 525 Chain Size Front Countershaft Sprocket : Amazon.com : Automotive

K&N KN-138 Powersports High Performance Oil Filter. $10.69, will this one fit ?

K&N KN-138 Powersports High Performance Oil Filter : Amazon.com : Automotive

Oil - Mobil 1 4T racing oil 10w-40 (recommended by Hoblick, already purchased)

If I have anything wrong, please feel free to let me know ASAP!

You live in Columbus, head to the Iron Pony to pick up "everything" you need. And I seriously doubt your valves will need adjusted, those SV motors are rock solid.

You live in Columbus, head to the Iron Pony to pick up "everything" you need. And I seriously doubt your valves will need adjusted, those SV motors are rock solid.

yeah - if I want to pay like $100-$200 more lol

Edited by thomas_cory2000

yeah - if I want to pay like $100-$200 more lol

Not my experience there at all, try to support your local establishments as much as possible. I like to see and feel firsthand most stuff I buy, the Pony has the inventory and their prices are far from outrageous IMHO. Those sprocket prices and the K&N filter is right on par at the Pony, the DID is a great deal however.

Not my experience there at all, try to support your local establishments as much as possible. I like to see and feel firsthand most stuff I buy, the Pony has the inventory and their prices are far from outrageous IMHO. Those sprocket prices and the K&N filter is right on par at the Pony, the DID is a great deal however.

I'm going to head there right now - if your wrong, your paying for my dol garn gas :mad: lol

I'm going to head there right now - if your wrong, your paying for my dol garn gas :mad: lol

Pickup some Rotella T6 5W40 or Rotella 15W40 at NAPA/Walmart/Advance or Autozone.....yes it is diesel oil, yes it is superior to many motorcycle oils, and yes it is also cheaper. If you can walk out of the Pony without buying other stuff, you are a better man than I.

Pickup some Rotella T6 5W40 or Rotella 15W40 at NAPA/Walmart/Advance or Autozone.....yes it is diesel oil, yes it is superior to many motorcycle oils, and yes it is also cheaper. If you can walk out of the Pony without buying other stuff, you are a better man than I.

It's going to be hard -but I'll try lol