quick parking meter ticket question

Koreo

because its not a respectable job. working at mcdonalds is more respectable than being a meter maid. pretty sure "being a little bitch" is part of the meter maid job description.

Not their fault that cities make parking rules. It is a job. If you don't like it fight the law or ordinance. Would you rather the person be on welfare programs? Funny I bet you dislike motorcycle rider or firearm owner stereotypes, but have no problem stereotyping these people. I've never had a parking ticket, because I find it cheaper to feed the meter even if I have to pay for more time than I use.

What is it that you do? I bet soneone would say it is not a "respectable" job.

• Upvote 1

Not their fault that cities make parking rules. It is a job. If you don't like it fight the law or ordinance. Would you rather the person be on welfare programs? Funny I bet you dislike motorcycle rider or firearm owner stereotypes, but have no problem stereotyping these people. I've never had a parking ticket, because I find it cheaper to feed the meter even if I have to pay for more time than I use.

I agree. It's not hard to obey parking laws, and the fines are generally pretty reasonable If paid right away.

Leaving tickets unpaid can result in the vehicle being impounded, or the issue of a bench warrant or your arrest.

A guy I took the bar with was out over $300 when the Supreme Court of Ohio found old out-of-state tickets unpaid on his record. His choices were "pay now, and we let you sit for the Feb bar," or "sure, fight it on a statute of limitations argument, but that route won't be complete in time for the July bar let alone February."

Won't let me rep you again yet CRB, so I will just leave this here!

The first post on this was very juvenial and I think you really showed the kind of person you are. I have never met you and dont want to judge you over posting on the interwebz but you made yourself sound like a little fuck. IMHO. John you are getting pretty close to that as well. If you dont want a ticket, pay the freakin meter. how hard is that? You guys act like the meter people have some vendetta against you guys or something.

Edited by bowdog

:lol: you guys are all butthurt, you must be metermaids.

last summer i got a parking ticket for expired meter. time on the ticket said it was printed at 8:30. the meter turns off at 8 so i was 100% legally parked. i walked down that street and noticed almost every car had a ticket on it. i looked at a couple of them and sure enough, all the same thing. overtime meter. ticket printed after 8pm when the meter turns off...

ticketing legally parked cars half an hour after the meter turns off is not "just doing your job". its 100% bitchmade.

it got thrown out in like two seconds when i went to appeal it, but it was still a huge waste of time to have to go down there and deal with it.

If Virginia and Ohio have interlinked systems when it comes time to renew your registration Virginia will not renew it until you pay the ticket then you will need to go to the county court house and pay it in person to get a release. If they do not have that agreement it will just show on your credit report in about a year. If it was a speeding ticket they would also issue a warrant for you arrest. These agreements change almost every year so at the very least it will only show up on your credit report.

Edited by HeavyDuty

The first post on this was very juvenial and I think you really showed the kind of person you are. I have never met you and dont want to judge you over posting on the interwebz but you made yourself sound like a little fuck. IMHO. John you are getting pretty close to that as well. If you dont want a ticket, pay the freakin meter. how hard is that? You guys act like the meter people have some vendetta against you guys or something.

:popcorn:

John is a badass dude and spends most of his time living near downtown. Yes the parking meter system in Columbus is setup to fuck with people and yes the metermaids get boners from their contribution to society.

Near the courthouse three is no parking until 8 coincidentally that is the exact time traffic court starts so you roll up at 7:55 feed the meter and get a ticket at 7:59am.

Red light cameras are not placed at the most dangerous intersections they are placed at the intersections that generate the most revenue.

It's about money nothing else. I can't tell you ho pissed the metermaids outside my dorm got when I would see them and run outside and feed all the meters

John is a badass dude and spends most of his time living near downtown. Yes the parking meter system in Columbus is setup to fuck with people and yes the metermaids get boners from their contribution to society.

Near the courthouse three is no parking until 8 coincidentally that is the exact time traffic court starts so you roll up at 7:55 feed the meter and get a ticket at 7:59am.

Red light cameras are not placed at the most dangerous intersections they are placed at the intersections that generate the most revenue.

It's about money nothing else. I can't tell you ho pissed the metermaids outside my dorm got when I would see them and run outside and feed all the meters

Yes, I agree with this. John is a great person and everyone is allowed to type their opinion on the interwebz. Also I would pay it.