Fork Oil Change - Borrow Tools

ludwb675

I'm going to be changing my fork oil soon. I have pretty much any common tool there is, but fork tools aren't so common. Just wondering if anyone in the North Olmsted/Cleveland area has these tools i can borrow instead of buying.

Fork Compressor (I can make something pretty easily)

Cartridge Holder Tool

Damper Rod Holder

41mm Fork Seal Driver

I plan on taking them all the way apart to get everything out. No idea what the previous owner did so the fork oil could be 6 years old. Want to get it all out.

Edited by ludwb675

Yes, good idea to change the fork seals also if that old... My opinion since you will have them apart...

If you are doing track days now, my suggestion would to be get the tools from a place like Traxxion where they are very inexpensive and for the low amount of use you will be using them, they will hold up just fine.

http://www.traxxion.com/ForkServiceToolKit.aspx

I did my seals with a tool that i made, worked fine. For a seal driver just take a PVC pipe and cut a 2-inch section in half and clamp them together on the fork(my were tight enough that i didnt need to clamp it though). I didnt need anything else special that i remember.

I already have the fork oil leveling tool, and have been working to acquire a spring compressor. Let me know when you would plan to do this, as r1crusher and I are looking to get ours done before the next MS round. We may host a wrenching event at my place like Jinu did a few weeks back.

I already have the fork oil leveling tool, and have been working to acquire a spring compressor. Let me know when you would plan to do this, as r1crusher and I are looking to get ours done before the next MS round. We may host a wrenching event at my place like Jinu did a few weeks back.

Are you going to be at round 2? I can bring mine up for you.

I'm going on vacation 5/11-5/18; VEGAS!

But i was going to do it whenever i got around to it. It would be great to get together and do it though. During the week might be close on time but i'm free 5/25 and 5/27 all day.

I was going to make my own compressor using a car jack and the garage wall studs.

Are you going to be at round 2? I can bring mine up for you.

I hate to point out slight details and all...:D

Actually, around mid-month I need to find a way to meet up with Desmo so perhaps we can figure out something. But should that not happen, yes, please bring it to the next round and I will collect it then, thanks!